|Richmond, Virginia - United States
$95,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- This a growing company that is both young (being 2 years old) and stable (being profitable for many decades under global company before spinning off to grow)
- Have a hand in shaping who the company is going to be in 5-10 years
- Great career growth with the company
Subject matter expert for estimating discipline for facility owner. Perform a variety of work for the engineering department in the initial planning and design phases of capital projects, with comprehensive understanding of construction practices and logistics (electrical, mechanical, civil/structural). Work typically performed in office with project field visits.
- Develop detailed project estimates that include design, construction, and startup/commissioning of projects utilizing discipline scopes, drawings, process packages and meeting minutes.
- Work closely with lead estimator and project teams on preparation of front end estimates, FEL-1, FEL-2, and FEL-3.
- Review work product with project management teams and leadership
- Ability to interpret & comprehend scope of work documents, change notices and site procedures and policies.
- Participate in scoping, detailed design and project execution meetings.
- Prepare detailed project estimates using MC2-ICE estimating tool or similar
- Mentor other estimators and engineering staff on estimating procedures and best practices
- Knowledgeable and stays current with industry estimating processes and procedures.
- Assist with maintaining estimating database for all disciplines.
- Assist in the development of work breakdown structures during estimate preparation.
- The individual must personally set a good example with all rules and regulations to achieve 100% universal compliance with HS&E (Health, Safety & Environmental) Procedures/Regulations.
- B.S or A.S Degree in relevant field with 8+ years experience in estimating roles for small/moderate size projects ($50k - $30M).
- Experience performing job cost analysis or project management
- Comprehensive understanding of construction practices and logistics (electrical, mechanical, civil/structural).
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Solid understanding of computer estimating packages (i.e., ASPEN/K-base, ICE (RIB/MC2), Timberline, etc.).
- Ability to visit job sites, having various field conditions and elevations
- BS with 10+ years of experience in petro-chem estimating
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system
- Prior experience in evaluating estimating programs