Sr. Financial Planner/Advisor (CFP or CFA)
|New York City, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The company is a prestigious, highly selective firm with a strong culture of mentorship and development. Great opportunity to advance your career, working with top-ranked advisors.
Sr. Financial Planner/Advisor (CFP or CFA).
New York, NY.
Requires: Three to seven years of experience, certified or passed CFP or CFA exam, proven ability to manage client relationships, strong communication skills, high-ranking academic background.
Our client is a leading independent, fee-only Wealth Management firm headquartered in NYC. The firm seeks a highly capable, hardworking Sr. Financial Advisor to help formulate and implement investment and financial planning advice, help manage existing client relationships and participate in new business development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of a Client Team that works with about 200 clients, you will provide the following:
- Relationship Management: Be a first point of contact for a number of the team’s clients, you will be working with the most senior advisors at the firm while being supported by other members of the team.
- Client Service: Drive clients’ financial planning strategies and portfolio management.You will be driving a comprehensive approach to working with clients, inclusive of investments, cash flow, tax, estates, risk management and benefit plans.
- Financial Plan development: Based on a client’s goals and circumstances, create financial plans that address questions such as at when a client can retire with financial security.
- Investment Portfolio Creation: Review a client’s current investments and objectives, give a client a picture of his or her current portfolio composition and within the firm’s guidelines oversee a custom portfolio that the firm will manage.
- Opportunity to Specialize: In a technical area and be the firm’s point person. For example:
- Investments: option to participate on the firm’s investment committee and cover a segment of the investment universe.
- Financial Planning: option to specialize in one area of financial planning serving as the firm’s internal subject matter expert.
- Business Development: Build relationships, including with other professionals (e.g. Accountants and Attorneys) that lead to new clients for the firm.
- 3-7 years’ experience in Wealth Management with a demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- Either the CFP® or CFA designation, or having passed the exam for the designation, a strong plus
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university with a high GPA
- Impressive standardized test scores
- Strong Financial Planning and Wealth Management interest, acumen and judgment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, take initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work effectively with others
- Organized and able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a “client-first” mentality, strong desire to help people
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- A belief in fee-only, fiduciary professionalism
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive pay & Incentive Bonus based on experience and industry standards; full slate of health insurance and retirement benefits; tuition/certification reimbursement for Financial Planning programs & exams; NAPFA membership; gym membership allowance.
Keywords: financial planning, financial advisor, wealth management, CFP, CPA, portfolio management
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree