Sr. Firewall VPN Design Engineer - Remote (Secret Clearance Required)
|Alexandria, Virginia - United States
$55.00 - $60.00 - US Dollars - Hourly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Firewall/VPN Design Engineer supporting the U.S.Navy NGEN program will be expected to perform the following:
- Manages technical expertise in developing, deploying, and managing professional services solutions exclusively to Federal Government clients on a fee-for-service or billable hours basis.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of advanced system requirements and problems.
- Plans, develops and technically directs projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Develops investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. Consults on technical implications to other organizations.
- Oversees work of lower-level engineers
- Evaluates and design communication hardware and software, troubleshoots LAN/BAN/WAN and other network related problems, provides technical expertise for performance, design and configuration of networks.
- Design capabilities for caching and proxy, to include control of content accessed through proxy (Filter by category, allow policy application scheduling, and apply updates of automated filter categories from a Government approved industry provider).
- Assist with the development and integration of identity and access management requirements and monitor security updates in accordance with Government policies.
- Design and integrate multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and other vendor technologies.
- Design, Develop and Integrate network routing utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), and perform network security utilizing Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Access Control List (ACL), Internet Protocol Security (IPSEC), packet-filtering firewalls, circuit-level gateways, Next-Gen firewalls, and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2 VPN).
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
- In-depth knowledge of firewall and VPN technologies from multiple vendors, particularly Juniper and Riverbed
- Understanding of TCP protocols and OSI layers
- Comprehensive knowledge of Routers and Switches, Installing and Troubleshooting
- Experience using Network Management tools.
- Review and evaluate various testing reports, such as ACAS, and effectively mitigate reported vulnerabilities and help assess risks.
- Advanced knowledge of QOS, IPSEC, GRE
- Expert knowledge of application layer firewalls
- Minimum 10 years related IT experience with multi-vendor networks
- Experience with formal Systems Engineering processes/methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician Level III.
- Advanced industry certification – CCNP Security, JNCIP Sec, Certified Modeling and
- Simulation Professional, etc.
Must possess ITIL V3.
- Experience working in large Tier 1 carrier networks
- Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, DISA and Joint interoperability of network design, integration and implementation.
- Experience with MPLS Carrier supporting Carrier
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
Required Clearance: DoD Secret Clearance Required