Sr. Full-Stack Node/React Developer
|Charlotte, North Carolina - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Pioneer in the FinTech space. Bank has grown from $40B in assets to $116B in assets in 3 years during COVID.
Huge opportunity for upward mobility.
Senior Full-Stack Node/React Developer
Senior Full-Stack Node/React Developer to help design and build our new customer onboarding platform in AWS. The ideal candidate should have the necessary skills and experience to provide technical guidance, estimation of efforts, understanding; and decide upon the optimal technology solution to achieve the desired business needs. You should be able to navigate differing levels of gray/unknowns, have excellent communication skills with other IT management levels, individual contributors, and business stakeholders, and be ready to provide day to day application support. You will move at a rapid rate of execution to deliver requests and take advantage of any opportunities as they present themselves and navigate through any resource constraints. You must take both the short-term tactical and long-term strategic view when deciding on the best technical approach. You must be able to develop code and effectively oversee distributed development team members.?
Once Here You Will:
- Join an Agile squad of developers and automation engineers supported by a product manager and scrum master, and collaborate with other Onboarding squads, Product and business owners to understand the business domain & products sufficiently to suggest best design / implementation to meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Spend most of your time on the design of systems, while maintaining a substantial percentage of time dedicated to hands-on implementation activities
- Gain a solid hands-on knowledge of our microservices, our data architecture and databases, our client-facing web application, and our internal-facing Appian BPM platform
- Become a subject matter expert in one or more technical environments and deliver frameworks, or standards, to help other engineers follow best practices
- Estimate (t-shirt) large features and releases as needed.
- Break down large feature sets in a way that junior team members can understand, lead them to a successful implementation/release, and train them to do this themselves
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval by Architecture Review Team. Design and develop enterprise solutions for specific business need that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
- Perform impact analysis of proposed changes on existing architecture, capabilities, system priorities, and technology solutions, look for additional solution options or trade-offs, and identify cost/benefit implications of proposed solutions (e.g. people, processes, technology, strategy, finance)
- Conduct group training sessions or lunch and learns.
- Come up with ideas for refreshing old processes and work with product manager or team lead to get these approved, and document all updates to processes Identify opportunities for refactoring and other tech debt remediation efforts throughout the code base that can be included in normal delivery activities
- Leverage your extensive experience in previous projects to guard code quality and take opportunities to mentor junior engineers.
- Lend a hand in architecture and design discussions for junior engineers, taking into account knowledge of the existing code base.
- Help mentor other team members in large scale feature planning.
- Express what you know comfortably and confidently, especially during code reviews.
- Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Always work to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more. We value continued learning and development, so you will learn a lot.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of progressive development experience as a Software Engineer
- Hands-on development experience in Node, React, and Loopback
- Technical lead experience for medium to large sized projects
- Experience building and maintaining large software platforms
- Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented, secure code – Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore
- Ability to influence the architecture and design
- Ability to analyze and trouble shoot production issues
- Experience with TDD and CICD delivery
- Experience with distributed systems and with Micro-services architecture.
- Hands-on experience with RESTful web services, web applications, transactional databases, NoSQL databases.
- Experience with enterprise integration services/solutions
- Experience and exposure to API gateways
- Experience implementing solutions using Agile/Kanban/Iterative delivery methodologies
- Implementation experience with SAAS/PAAS based solutions.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket Bonus points for experience with Appian BPA applications
- Bonus points for experience with regulated financial organizations.
- Bonus points for experience with AWS, Docker, and Jenkins
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
Key skills that will likely generate interviews - Java, Node, React, Microservice, AWS, API, NoSQL
8+ years of progressive development experience as a Software Engineer
Hands-on development experience in Node, React, and Loopback
Technical lead experience for medium to large sized projects
Experience building and maintaining large software platforms
Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented, secure code – Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore
Ability to influence the architecture and design
Ability to analyze and trouble shoot production issues
Experience with TDD and CICD delivery
Experience with distributed systems and with Micro-services architecture.
Hands-on experience with RESTful web services, web applications, transactional databases, NoSQL databases.
Experience with enterprise integration services/solutions
Experience and exposure to API gateways
Experience implementing solutions using Agile/Kanban/Iterative delivery methodologies
Implementation experience with SAAS/PAAS based solutions.
Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket Bonus points for experience with Appian BPA applications
Bonus points for experience with regulated financial organizations.
Bonus points for experience with AWS, Docker, and Jenkins
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree