Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager
|Arlington, Virginia - United States
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is leading the fight against slavery and human trafficking. As the largest anti-slavery organization in the world, their mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Our client has cast a vision for 2030 which involves mobilizing partnerships to scale their work of rescue and rehabilitation, expanding their global footprint, and leveraging data to effectively prove to the world that their model can end slavery. To support this initiative, our client must rapidly grow their team. They are seeking a motivated, detail-oriented individual to provide leadership and project management oversight for technology infrastructure projects and initiatives. The successful candidate will have experience applying effective project management techniques and proactive problem-solving to complex, fast-paced projects. The project manager will oversee multiple technology infrastructure projects across our client's global organization.
This is a full-time position will be located at our client's headquarters in the Washington D.C. area. The position will report directly to the Senior Director, Global IT Service Strategy and Operations and will work in close collaboration with the Project Management Office.
- Responsible for planning, execution, and delivery of infrastructure related technology projects;
- Defines complex project plans including scope, budget, and schedule, and executes tasks defined in a project plan to achieve project goals using standard project management methodologies and practices;
- Coordination and management of project teams consisting of organizational stakeholders, architects, system engineers, and administrators, and/or vendor teams and resources;
- Coordinate and manage all phases of the project and serve as the primary point of contact for all internal and external project stakeholders;
- Actively collaborate with technical project team members, assisting Business Analyst on the following: gathering and documenting user stories and detailed system requirements; documenting current state, designing target state architecture, creating training plans and onboarding system administrators;
- Establish project governance structure and facilitate sign-offs and executive approvals for key decisions;
- Create stakeholder communication plans and lead regularly scheduled communication with all stakeholders;
- Schedule and facilitate regular meetings with project team and other key stakeholders; prepare agendas and facilitate discussion points; drive and document key decisions and action items;
- Work with project team to clearly communicate roles and tasks and track weekly progress towards tasks and deliverables;
- Provide status reporting on project activities, risks, spending, and schedule via established methods;
- Manage relationships with project vendors, ensuring compliance with contracts, deadlines, and quality standards;
- Manage budget planning and forecasting and provide a monthly analysis of spending patterns and budget variance;
- Facilitate and support the distilling, development, and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices to the PMO;
- Provide change management planning and support to constituents; and
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional project management experience specifically managing large infrastructure related projects;
- Experience leading multiple infrastructure projects at a time, and responsible for delivery of those projects;
- Experience managing and delivering cloud service migration and implementation projects;
- Experience with leading global network infrastructure projects with deployments in emerging markets;
- Experience leading projects in a Microsoft-centric infrastructure environment including, but not limited to, Windows Server, Windows 10, SQL Server, SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field;
- Knowledge of PMBOK & PMLC standards related to project planning and implementation;
- Professional project management certification preferred;
- ITIL, ITSM or other Service Management/Service Delivery experience preferred;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage cross-departmental project teams;
- Experience managing external vendor relationship; and
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
· Self-starter with strong initiative;
· Disciplined with priorities;
· Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
· Exceptional verbal and written communication;
· Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
· Effective team player who fosters a collaborative environment; and adept at creative problem-solving.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any U.S. employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Staff Smart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree