|Title:||Sr. Manager, IT Operations|
|Job Location:||Arlington, Virginia - United States|
|Salary:||$120,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Our client based in the Greater Washington DC area is a 503C non-profit. They are leading the fight against slavery and human trafficking. As the largest anti-slavery organization in the world, their mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Our client has cast a vision for 2030 which involves mobilizing partnerships to scale their work of rescue and rehabilitation, expanding their global footprint, and leveraging data to effectively prove to the world that their model can end slavery. To support this initiative, our client must rapidly grow their team.
They are seeking a motivated, detail-oriented individual to serve as their Sr. Manager, IT Operations to provide and lead their Global Service Desk and Infrastructure teams which provides technical support for staff in our clients Headquarters and global field offices. As a leader in the Global Technology Solutions department, this successful candidate will be an effective technical problem solver and be capable of leading a team responsible for supporting a growing global organization.
This is a direct hire position based at our client’s Headquarters in the greater Washington DC area, and reports to the Senior Director, Global IT Service Strategy & Operations.
· Advise Leadership on recommendations for improved processes, systems & infrastructure to meet the global support needs for the entire organization;
· Maintain awareness and knowledge of new technologies that can enhance IJM’s operational excellence. Communicate with Leadership, the team and other corporate leadership to identify and develop new technologies in support of our client’s mission
· Work with leadership to define IT operations roadmap, contribute to our client’s technology strategy, and perform cost analysis and budget planning.
· Develop and lead the Global Service Desk and Infrastructure teams to carry out the support for client’s staff and global systems;
· Implement performance and professional development standards and rhythms based on organizational and department standards;
· Organize and prioritize work to ensure critical issues are being addressed in an acceptable timeframe and in compliance with internal SLA’s;
· Identify, capture and provide monthly reporting on key service desk management metrics & KPI’s;
· Provide HQ Support resources for AV equipment and services including web conferencing, conference center events, and meeting room support.
Global Support, Documentation and Training
· Lead the implementation of our client’s global service desk strategy;
· Partner with project management to implement and deploy ServiceNow globally and serve as the product owner to ensure continued support, maintenance and enhancement for the platform;
· Collaborate with IT & Business stakeholders to optimize support processes and configuration of the ServiceNow platform.
· Develop and manage new support processes for new global deployments such as Office 365, Salesforce and Workday.
· Ensure organizational support for hardware and software issues including, but not limited to: Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft SharePoint, LAN/WAN connectivity, workstation and laptop hardware components and peripherals, and printing issues.
· Develop knowledgebase process and educate global support team on best practices
· Maintain proper documentation through development of SOPs, System Documentation and Process workflows;
· Develop and deliver training to staff on new systems.
· Partner with project management to deliver a modernized cloud infrastructure architecture, implement cross-platform desktop management systems and processes, and deploy Windows 10 globally;
· Implement best practices for infrastructure management, security, maintenance and configuration;
· Manage complex, global IT systems, mainly based on but not limited to Microsoft technology including multiple data centers, Active directory, virtualization (VMware), WAN, LAN, VOIP, Security/Firewalls, security client software, servers and storage hardware;
· Oversee coordination with Service Desk, Development, Security, and Enterprise Application teams on key issues, troubleshooting, problem mitigation, bug identification, escalations, new releases, etc;
· Onboard and manage infrastructure vendors for project delivery, global staff augmentation, and managed services;
· Ensure the implementation and operation of adequate monitoring systems, and management of availability reporting;
· Ensure that adequate and proper maintenance practices are being followed, including patch management for all servers and network equipment;
· In partnership with the Cyber Security team, maintain a high level of security and compliance on all workstations, servers, and cloud resources globally;
· Assist in the implementation, maintenance and operational support of our client’s security systems.
This position may require travel to client’s field offices and other parts of the world.
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, and 6 – 9 years of experience in IT Operations; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides IT support in a fast-paced, professional environment;
· 3 – 5 years of experience managing a team of 5 or more IT staff;
· Demonstrated experience developing and leading ITIL-based service desk operations;
· Demonstrated experience implementing and managing cloud infrastructure & services;
· Experience in managing system lifecycles, project management, strategic planning and budgeting;
· Operational and design proficiencies in Network Infrastructure, Microsoft Server 2012 and later, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SQL, Vmware and Storage systems;
· Experience in Mac & Windows desktop provisioning and deployment;
· Experience evaluating, onboarding and managing IT vendors;
· Experience with designing and implementing support processes;
· Experience with ServiceNow preferred;
· HDI & ITIL Certification preferred.
· Ability and desire to work independently with administrative capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to completion with minimal oversight;
· Ability to effectively manage time according to changing priorities both self-discovered and as directed;
· Proven ability to build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders;
· Ability to effectively engage with internal and external constituents and vendors; and
· Strong customer-service orientation.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree