Sr. Production Engineer
|Beaumont, Texas - United States
$85,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Will pay a stipend if relocation is needed
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Sr. Production Engineer role in a specialty chemicals plant that will be doubling in size over the next few years. Be a part of this growing team! BS Chemical Engineer with 7+ years in a process/operations role in a chemical plant or refining environment. Beaumont, Texas
The Senior Production Engineer reports directly to the Operations Manager and will provide technical support to the Operations Team. The position requires direct interaction with other departmental managers and staff positions to exchange information and ideas directly related to success of the Beaumont plant and our business group. The site provides a unique culture and the successful candidate will be part of cross-functional teams and other initiatives that will aide in Operational improvements for the facility.
- Ensuring optimal production and process enhancements of the following products at the Beaumont plant: Methyl Mercaptan, Ethyl Mercaptan, Dimethyl Sulfide, Dimethyl Disulfide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Acrolein and MMP
- Support and assisting in the training of Operations Personnel and other staff in technical issues
- Responsible for the calculation of and evaluation of raw material consumption and production data for the Beaumont site
- Responsible for the historization of plant process data, process control optimization and interpretation of process conditions
- Ensure that permit data and new permit applications are reviewed and are consistent with best engineering practices
- Support full compliance of all Safety related regulatory requirements including: OSHA, PSM, RMP, and Company policies and programs. Ensure that timely response of technical review is completed for incident investigations and action items developed and implemented
- Maximize operational efficiency and continuously identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement. Support plant initiatives for new product development, process technology projects, and debottlenecking efforts. Provide assistance to Operations during plant turnarounds, emergency operations, and any other time technical assistance is required.
- BS Chemical Engineering degree
- 7+ years experience in process engineer role in a chemical plant environment
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot chemical processing to achieve production goals
- Excellent writing/verbal and presentation skills re imperative to convey interpretations of process data and recommendations for improvement
- Demonstrates ownership, attention to details, time management and organizational skills
- Exhibits leadership skills and excellent communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate with different disciplines and cultures
- Strong work ethic
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree