Sr. Project Engineer - Automotive Aftermarket - Flooring and Accoustics
|Asheville, North Carolina - United States
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is in the process of filling a Senior level Project Engineer for their new flooring and acoustic service program. Our Client Automotive Aftermarket Group is a subsidiary of a larger company which is an established tier-1 supplier to the automotive industry. The Aftermarket group was formed the past couple years to leverage our client’s knowhow in flooring products, materials expertise and cargo and trunk systems for the purpose of…
Our client has an immediate opening of Senior Project Engineer. This person can either be located in the Detroit, MI area or east of Asheville, NC. If Detroit then there will be much more travel involved.
- Creating new revenue streams with higher margins;
- proving out new products/applications in the consumer market;
- leveraging market acceptance of these aftermarket products to sell to traditional OEM customers
- Automotive flooring products developed initially for Jeep Wranglers
- Cargo Management products, which are jointly designed/developed in partnership with our partner for retail and OE/Dealer Accessories markets, and for future OEM integration.
- Rolled goods for hot rod, roadster builder and DIY aftermarket
Position Specific Requirements (PSR):
- Engineering feasibility for bringing new Automotive flooring and cargo management products fast to market
- Advanced design & engineering responsibility for new Automotive flooring and cargo products
- Familiarity with equipment related to flooring and cargo production processes. (Ovens, gantries, transfer systems, acoustical fiber processing-waste fiber, non woven, tufting- extrusion and back coating, water jets, glue stations)
- Understand facility, transportation, and installation requirements for processing equipment.
- Understand inputs from an engineering Bill of Materials to estimate capital and facility costs to support new projects with either new or existing equipment.
- Provide support to plants and engineering teams, during advanced quoting stages through deployment of equipment.
- Interface with suppliers during the quote and development stages of new equipment builds. Including subcontractors supporting installation.
- Leadership skills to manage internal design & engineering resources to support team workload.
- Support internal strategic proposals for future product development and business growth.
- Assist in development of equipment specifications and standards.
- 10 years experience
- Time spent in a plant is a plus
- Ability to perform responsibilities under supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in systems and terminology is a plus
- Strong leadership, multitasking and organization skills are a plus
- Must have Aftermarket experience
- Would prefer someone with flooring and acoustics experience / background