Sr. Project Manager -- REMOTE or Atlanta GA
|, - United States
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Small, publicly traded bank. Lots of visibility. High-profile projects, including conversion from TSYS to Fiserv (formerly First Data). Work closely with leadership.
This bank runs a large "second look" program where they partner with primarly lenders such as Synchrony or BMW and provide loans to those who don't qualify for credit from the primary lenders. They also have their own credit card portfolios.
Opportunity to drive everything to meet the target end date for projects, never take things for granted, always ask the next question, keep multiple balls in the air, keep projects on track. Need to be an expert on managing multi-pronged projects.
The Senior Project Manager serves as a subject matter expert to Risk, cross functional team members, and partners. Their primary role is to ensure seamless deployments of new features and products across our business verticals, clients, and merchants. This exciting new role will work closely with senior leadership, strategic partnerships and various internal stakeholders to deliver superior services, products and features. The ideal person will be ambitious, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Manage the throughput of projects, features, and enhancements using our PMO methodology
- Interview sponsors and stakeholders to gather scope and business requirements
- Manage prioritized efforts from ideation to market
- Analyzes complex problems, platforms, or opportunities and offer alternative business solutions with policy/procedural improvements to deliver best in class service.
- Manages and participates in user acceptance testing and post-production support of integrations, or other teams needing assistance within the company
- Lead cross-functional projects and remove barriers to meet deadlines and position the team for success
- Able to accept and manage changing priorities and address issues quickly and professionally
- Seeks opportunities to stay current, expand expertise, and continuously adds value
- Proven track record with conversions and/or new platforms in the financial service industry (e.g., TSYS, Fiserv, etc.).
- Highly organized self-starter
- Driven with focus on project objectives
- Creative problem solver
- Resourceful, finds a path forward
- Accountable, takes ownership of tasks, projects, or areas needing leadership
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization, clients, partners, and customers
- TS1 & Fiserv knowledge of system functionality and conversions
- General purpose credit cards and retail credit finance experience
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant relevant work experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience working for a start-up or in financial services, consumer finance, retail credit, or second look financing
- Proven project management leadership with a minimum of five years’ experience
- TSYS and/or Fiserv expertise
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: PMP Preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree