|Title:||Sr. Satellite Antenna Design Engineer Job # 3208|
|Job Location:||Asheville, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||$90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Job # 3208
Hiring a Sr. level Reflector and satellite Antenna design engineer. Our ideal candidate would have highly developed Design Engineering skills with a strong detail oriented technical background in design and testing of antenna systems including electro-mechanical systems, the ability to coordinate and assume ownership of multiple projects, proven capabilities in creating robust product designs, a passion for continuous improvement in both process and product, and a high level of energy.
This person must be versatile and will be expected to conceptualize new products from a communication system perspective, develop, and direct new product design.
This person is expected to provide a full range of engineering skills spanning Systems, Electrical, Mechanical and Industrial Design disciplines in the development of these products.
• A Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineer from an ET accredited Engineering university, couple with Five years of Antenna Design experience, preferably in Satellite Communications Industry. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
We are a high tech growing technology company specializing in antenna systems and other products for commercial and government satellite communications applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Antenna Engineer reports to the CTO and performs the following tasks:
• Design new Microwave waveguide feed components
• Design new reflector antennas
• Design new Printed circuit phased array antennas
• Design waveguide phased array antennas
• Phased array feed networks and active beam forming microwave PCB design
• Antenna control electronics for electronically or mechanically steered antennas
• Other SatCom terminal active RF electronics including frequency converters, mixers, and local oscillators
• Development of job proposals – design and ROM cost estimates
• Customer Specification review and analysis – compliance assessments
• Perform Link analysis, Antenna and Control system performance evaluation
• Project Management – schedule, cost and performance objectives
• Generation of engineering BOMs, drawings, specifications, diagrams
• Testing of Antenna Systems – test procedures, test reports
• Fabrication and evaluation of prototypes
• Vendor liaison
• Manufacturing and service technical support
• Customer technical interface – design reviews, presentations
• Be innovative and iterate rapidly and appropriately a design challenge while addressing all aspects including electrical, mechanical and structural issues, user friendliness and ease of use, ability to manufacture economically, and appearance and unique imprint
Desirable Candidate Attributes:
• Strong leadership skills
• Able to work as member of a Team
• Willing to take ownership along with risk
• Able to be a Product Champion
• Management potential
• Self starter
• Committed to life long learning and self improvement
No direct supervisory responsibilities are envisioned initially; however, the Sr. engineer must possess the demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, negotiate with and delegate to our personnel and supplier partners.
Minimal domestic and international, as required, for supporting program and business development activities.
Must be a US Citizen residing in the USA
• Demonstrated experience in managing development and production projects
• Strong computer and analytical skills and have proficiency in one or more of the following: HFSS, CST, TICRA GRASP, TICRA CHAMP, MATLAB, LabVIEW, ORCAD, Altium
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Satellite Antenna Systems
• Reflector Antennas
• Phased Array Antennas
• Servo Control Systems
• RF and Microwave Component Design
• Electrical Circuit Design
• Product Design
• Machine Design
• Software Development
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree