Sr. Software Architect
|Detroit, Michigan - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, an established and progressive automotive manufacturer, is seeking a Software Architect/Solutions Engineer to join their team in Farmington Hills, Michigan to define, design, and implement systems in alignment with organizational objectives and provide technical leadership to the development teams on new designs and approaches.
As Software Architect you will:
- Be responsible for Software Design, SW Architecture for EOL and Diagnostics Solutions, and develop future technology and products in alignment with the Global Service Solutions Organization.
- Work with Engineering in developing, managing, and implementing the organization’s product and technology roadmap and portfolio in alignment with the organizational strategy.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining a good working relationship with internal and external customers as well as foster a customer intimate environment with the Program Management team.
- Support customer projects through proposals, issues meetings/lists, project reviews, customer feedback, and project financials.
- Be a key contributor for design and architecture of all products (System Design).
- Provide technical leadership for hardware and software development and maintenance teams.
- Develop software based on agreed/defined architectures.
- Contribute to internal processes and ensure they meet industry best practices.
- Be responsible for mentoring developers and providing high level direction to teams.
- Be accountable for software product strategy.
- Several years’ experience working as a professional software developer as a significant contributor to a team that designed, from the ground up, a system that involves software and hardware components (SCRUM process).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or relevant field of study
- Excellent C++ programming knowledge and experience.
- Familiarity with relational databases, the writing of SQL Queries, and database schema/structure design.
- Asset: Firmware programming and hardware design.
- Asset: Experience developing systems in Linux.
- Experience in software product strategy and life cycle management
- Beneficial: Knowledge of automotive bus communication
- Beneficial: Experience with automotive diagnostic software tools
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree