Sr. Systems Administrator
|Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Please note that this is a hybrid working arrangement, both in the office and from home
A major distribution located just outside Philadelphia PA is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to work in a hybrid arrangement of 3 days in the office in Feasterville PA (20 miles north of Philadelphia) and 2 days working from home. . This person will be responsible for providing systems administration and maintenance supporting the UNIX AIX , VMware, AWS and Windows server operating environments, management of Active Directory, and troubleshooting network connectivity and performance issues. Additionally, this role is responsible for system performance analysis and remediation, systems design improvements and also serves as a technical escalation point for the Help Desk. Other duties will include working with and supporting other Infrastructure Team members responsible for other aspects of the enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Monitoring the availability of the IT environment and maintenance of the Infrastructure.
- Perform scheduled systems / network configuration changes (SW/HW).
- Work with IT Helpdesk to resolve issues.
- Perform onsite and remote data center support / maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring proper completion of server backups.
- Maintain/update company IT standard operating and escalation procedures, and other IT documentation as directed by management.
- Prepare IT network and systems performance reports and operating statistics as directed by management.
- Manage inventory of IT equipment and assets
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent vocational training or experience
- Minimum of 8+ years client/?server/network experience
- Knowledge and 5 years’ experience with Windows Server 2016/2012/2008, Exchange Server 2010/2007, and Exchange Online.
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS (5 years experience)
- Knowledge and experience with Unix – ideally Linux; some knowledge of AIX is ideal
- Experience with VMWare ESX virtual server platforms
- Familiarity with AWS - IAM, EC2, EFS, S3, CloudWatch platforms
- Experience with SAN and NAS technologies such as, Nimble, EMC, HP 3PAR, NetApp, etc.
- Experience with system backups solutions and technologies
- Familiarity with switch and router technologies and configurations
- Working knowledge of IT network and systems monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Proven skills in troubleshooting and resolving problems with a large-scale IT distributed systems of over 500 users.
- Ability to analyze and determine root cause and escalate to IT management, as needed, for timely resolution of IT network and systems outages
- Ability to compile operating data/statistics and prepare performance reports
- Knowledge and experience supporting a Voice over IP Phone Environment
- Desktop experience (Microsoft Office suite; Microsoft Project a plus)
- A strong background working in an IT Operations environment is recommended.
- Familiarity with change management practices in an IT operating environment
- Familiarity with IT network security practices
- Ability to work with internal IT clients of varying abilities
- Strong customer service skills
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and reside locally since no relocation assistance is available at this time.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree