|Jacksonville, Florida - United States
$50,000.00 - $55,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
For more than 40 years our client has provided first rate service to the architectural, design, and engineering industry while providing a dynamic and secure work enviornment to its employees. Continued growth of our client's business necessitated the addition of a Staff Accountant to the Finance Department.
Applies principles of accounting to prepare, analyze and maintain financial information for the corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares monthly close out schedule and notify divisional managers as to deadlines.
- Performs monthly and annual financial statement closings.
- Coordinates with management to verify accuracy of projections reflected on WIP schedule.
- Calculates percentage complete for all jobs.
- Runs monthly reports required for financial statements.
- Maintains Company lease schedule.
- Assists with preparation of divisional and consolidated financial statements.
- Special projects and impromptu reporting, upon request.
- General accounting functions for small companies (payables/receivables/deposits/JE's/financials).
- Preparation of month end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepares and reviews monthly accruals as directed by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Construction experience a plus.
- CPA or exam eligible a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with large scale accounting software helpful.
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines.
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to operate in the details while maintaining a big picture perspective.
- High level of professionalism, ethics and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Acute attention to detail.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree