|Jacksonville, Florida - United States
$55,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Rapidly growing property management firm new to the First Coast of Florida seeks a Senior Staff Accountant. Our client actively manages some of the most saught after communities in the state featuring beach front, river front, and golf course living for apartment renters and condominium owners.
- Collect all necessary accounting data necessary to prepare journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the company’s bank accounts.
- Responsible for the accurate recording and timely reporting of all financial activity for an assigned portfolio. This portfolio is subject to change based on the assignment by management.
- Ensures timely distribution of portfolio reports and the proper maintenance of support documents in the system.
- Ensures financial information is accurate and immediately reports any suspected fraudulent activity or large variance items to management.
- Analyzes financial information and completes articulate reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
- Review General Ledgers and create Consolidated Financial Statement packages in multiple company environments for various groups.
- Prepare draw requests for capital improvements, tenant improvements and lease commissions.
- Assist in the preparation of policies and procedures.
- Prepare and analyze budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare and review various types of accounting schedules; payable/ receivable, pre-paid, depreciation, capital expenditures and others.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections and financial summaries to be included in reporting package.
- Knowledge of Accounting functions to include; Budgeting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Reconciliation, Capital Justifications, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Payroll, Accrual Accounting Adjusting Entries.
- Ability to multi-task-(handle numerous projects simultaneously) and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong Organizational and Project Management skills.
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity.
- Basic Problem Solving and Analytical skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Education and Certifications Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree