|Title:||Staff Nurses - Pediatrics|
|Job Location:||Honolulu, Hawaii - United States|
|Salary:||$95,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||3% bonus|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Reporting to the Manager of Peds/PICU , this position provides nursing care services to patients and families in our Inpatient Pediatrics floor and Pediatric Intensive Care unit of the Medical Center. We are a 13-bed unit with 2 PICU rooms. Nursing care is supported by inpatient pediatricians and our PICU intensivists. The team also encompasses Child Life Services for collaboration of family centered care.
• Practices professional nursing and delegates nursing tasks to nursing assistive personnel and provides direction to the LPN as appropriate.
• Utilizes nursing process to deliver care.
• Performs any nursing task requiring nursing knowledge, judgment, and skill.
• Administers medications.
• Teaches LPNs and nursing assistive personnel special tasks of nursing care.
• Verifies staff competency to perform special tasks of nursing care as appropriate.
• Is responsible and accountable for quality of nursing rendered and adequacy of nursing care provided when special tasks are delegated to nursing assistive personnel.
• Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
• Serves as resource nurse and acts as preceptor.
• Takes charge duties as assigned.
• Incorporates the KP Vision, Model and Values through out their Nursing Practice.
• Performs administrative and other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
• May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
• Valid Hawaii RN license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
• Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
• PEDS/PICU: Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) by the American Heart Association.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, decision making, detail oriented, customer service, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, prioritization, problem solving, quality management, results orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management, written communication competencies.
• Specialty Areas: Only departments in the Operating Room, Emergency Department, Telemetry, Intensive Care Units, Labor&Delivery, Pediatrics, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Cardiology, Ambulatory Treatment, Clinical Decision Unit, Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Population Management - One (1) year experience in area of specialty or completion of formal course in area of specialty within established time frame
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree