Staff Software Engineer
|San Diego, California - United States
$150,000.00 - $170,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, with a commitment to delivering superior gaming experiences. Their business division has locations in San Diego, San Francisco, London, and Tokyo. Everyone is committed to delivering an industry-leading, enhanced gaming experience built on imagination, creativity, and the team’s profound passion for gaming. Be a part of a company that thrives on the cutting edge of technology, and join them in shaping the future of interactive entertainment.
About the role and how you will spend your time:
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment with a team of highly engaged engineers.
- Contribute to architectural direction for large-scale commerce systems.
- Become a component owner who works both hands-on and provides technical oversight to others in order to implement interactive web-based services and commerce capabilities using sound technology choices.
- Maintain operational ownership of mission critical components running in the production environment.
- Become a subject matter expert and provide strong technical leadership and mentoring.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years large scale programming and systems experience using Java
- Experience building scalable systems with low latency and high throughput, including operationalization and monitoring.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and implementation approaches
- Hands-on development experience in architecting and building a data pipeline
- Experience developing web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON).
Additional Desired Attributes:
- Experience with eCommerce, especially with design and development of global payment processing systems, and integrating 3rd party acquiring platforms.
- Understanding of best practices used in building software within PCI requirements.
- Hands-on experience with different types of NoSQL data stores, messaging or pub-sub queuing systems.
- Experience leading engineering teams and mentoring others.
- Experience with AWS services (such as kinesis, elasticsearch, dynamodb, hbase, aurora).
- Experience with caching solutions such as
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
- Experience using source control and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- Experience with C++ is preferred
- Experience with road map development desired
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and are able to work with others at all levels.
- You’re effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and look for ways to make things better. You’re not afraid to ask questions.
- You have natural leadership skills and the ability to motivate yourself and others to drive toward excellence
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree