|Title:||Strategic Sourcing Manager|
|Job Location:||Des Moines, Iowa - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Our client is a national leader in the design and manufacture, installation, and servicing of industrial components for consumer-facing specialty service businesses. They derive revenue from the sale of heavy cleaning equipment, as well as long-term service, maintenance, and supplies contracts. This $300MM company has experienced double digit growth annually and is expanding rapidly with a new venture capital partner. The firm employs over 1,000 nationally, with 200 based at company HQ in the western Des Moines Metro. This company has five manufacturing operations including Iowa, Wyoming, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ontario (Toronto). This role is based out of Corporate Headquarters in the Des Moines Metro area.
As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will lead sourcing initiatives to support our growing business demands and organizational goals. This person will be responsible for developing and executing the sourcing activities in accordance with best practice, commodity assessments, developing ROI analyses, assess make vs. buy and obtaining stakeholder input and buy-in.
• Responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans for the procurement of components, equipment and goods and services for our manufacturing facilities.
• Conduct market research as necessary to support strategic sourcing initiatives (e.g. competitive landscape, market indices, etc.).
• Communicates project requirements, procedures, schedules and project revisions to suppliers, personnel and other appropriate parties.
• Create and manage master supply agreements with suppliers.
• Conducts regular supplier reviews with other key stakeholders.
• Manages new supplier qualification process, engages cross-functional team members as necessary.
• Provides analysis/input on product sourcing decisions relating to product development.
• Develops tools to support sourcing initiatives (RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, etc.).
• Conducts regular commodity benchmarking.
• Supports other organizational initiatives as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Responsible for knowing and complying with company policies and procedures. Keeps the Director, Supply Management informed of all significant problems, progress and difficulties pertaining to the Supply Base Managers area of responsibility.
• Comply with all applicable OSHA, EPA, local regulatory laws, and company safety policies.
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, operations or other related field preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in supply management for a manufacturing company preferred. This experience should include performing buying/planning and strategic sourcing responsibilities in support of a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient/experience with a common purchasing system/ERP.
• Experience with contract negotiations, Master Service Agreements, etc.
• Knowledge/experience with cost reduction initiatives and execution.
• CPSM/CPM certification and/or APICS certification a plus.
• Must have working knowledge of the complete range of strategic sourcing initiatives including spend analysis, strategy formulation, contract negotiations, strategic supplier relationship management.
• Supplier development/commodity experience required (performance reviews, logistical, lean practices, supply base optimization) with proven track record of improvement for quality, cost and delivery.
• Strong competency within MS Office (specifically Excel and Access);
• Knowledge of basic accounting practices.
• Demonstrated understanding and use of software and analytics to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
• Able to work and communicate cross-functionally with engineering, manufacturing and operations, quality, accounting, etc.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to identify, manage and lead business improvement projects.
• Ability to travel frequently with overnight stays.
• Maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
• Comply with company rules, policies and decisions
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree