Supplier Development Engineer
|Statesville, North Carolina - United States
$75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Supplier Development Engineer to be responsible for:
- The quality of all parts/processes supplied by external suppliers that are developed during the New Product Development process within the assigned categories / commodities.
- Driving continuous improvement by supporting New Product Development, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Approval and Qualifications, Current Issue Resolution, Lean Six Sigma deployment and Value Analysis / Value Engineering.
Role & Responsibility
- Supplier Development
- Process excellence and capability within the supply base.
- Promotion of Lean Six Sigma deployment within the supply base.
- Participation in Cost Improvement projects.
- Work with all facets of the organization promoting quality, productivity, strategic alliances, information sharing, customer support, and continuous improvement.
Support Strategic Sourcing:
- Supports the strategic sourcing initiatives contributing continuously to Quality, Delivery, Cost improvements.
- Monitoring and reporting of business KPIs.
- As required, support the organization in any emergency issues related to supplier poor quality / delivery issues.
- Compliance with Sourcing Systems and ensure suppliers comply to requirements.
- Participate in and support the supplier’s evaluation, selection and risk management.
- Lead new supplier assessments (new supplier introduction and approval)
- Support the organization in execution of Value Analysis/Value Engineer, productivity improvement, optimum usage of supplier’s capacity.
- Supplier Change Request management.
Completion of required tasks:
- Development and qualification of supplier product / process of new purchased parts through APQP process working with Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and the supplier (PPAP, Supplier process audits…)
- Problem solving with suppliers
- Participate in project reviews; Escalation to Management. Mitigation of Risks.
- Engineering-Industrial Bachelor’s Degree, allow equivalent
- 2>5 years of experience
- 3+ years including equivalent position (CE industry preferred)
- Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance experience
- Broad base technical knowledge
- Project management skills
- Knowledge and ability to apply quality tools and techniques (APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA, Problem solving, LSS…)
- Quality audit experience (system, process), understanding of international QS requirements
- Ability to communicate with everyone within an organization (shop floor to lead management)
- Experience on implementing processes or projects and cross functional work
- Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Certified Quality Auditor / Registered Lead Assessor or equivalent preferred
- Understanding of Sourcing risk mitigation, negotiation and contracting decisions
- Strong business aptitude
- Team facilitation
- Strong computer skills
- Good verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal kills
- Good judgment and quick analysis on complex situations, can lead
- Must be a self-starter
- Certificates – Six Sigma
- Prerequisite Training Course - Green belt preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree