Supplier Quality Engineer
|Syracuse, New York - United States
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great role in a growth oriented company with a team focused, innovative culture.
Summary (Position Description): The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for investigating, analyzing and resolving supplier quality problems, conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects to eliminate defects and error proof supplier processes, ensuring compliance with code and engineering requirements.
Duties and Tasks:
- Read and interpret engineering specifications.
- Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals.
- Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting requirements. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6-Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events.
- Develop long-term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
- Ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
- Use BIPROS continuous improvement practices in manufacturing and quality areas to improve overall process efficiency and product quality.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of machining, metal fabrication and welding
- Pressure vessel experience
- Problem-solving skills (8D, 5 why, Fishbone,..)
- Able to travel up to 70% of time
- Hands-on. Willing to be involved with and lead production issue resolution teams
- Minitab experience
- SPC data Analysis
- Intermediate knowledge of Engineering drawing and GD&T
- Data acquisition and analysis experience
- Six sigma Green Belt or equivalent
- SAP experience including data entry
- Audit experience
- Knowledge and application of AIAG processes.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ FT experience in a quality related function
- Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively meet and communicate with inter-department as well as cross-functional colleagues and any other interested parties
- Daily contact requires courtesy, discretion and sound judgment.
- Solid PC skills using Microsoft Office software, as well as a working knowledge of general office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, phones.)
- Excellent written communication skills and effective organizational skills.
- This job is predominantly performed in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; stoop; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree