|Novi, Michigan - United States
$90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
They're on the verge of tremendous growth for their electronic steering systems group, making this an ideal time to join.
A System Engineer is required to play a vital in managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure, installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools, for one of our best clients in Novi, MI. This client is a global company, highly ranked as a top employer in their field. They're on the verge of tremendous growth for their electronic steering systems group, making this an ideal time to join. This role requires leading the system engineering development from customer requirement/solicitation to the flow down to the mechanical, electrical, and software disciplines and work closely with all functional teams to assure the performance, safety, and security or the product to exceed the customer expectations.
If you believe you have all the qualities and experience, then you could be a perfect match for this position.
Responsibilities of System Engineer:
- Leading all aspects of systems development such as requirements definition, analysis and development
- Designs and optimizes simultaneous system performance goals through requirements flow down
- Technical and Functional system architecture along with DFMEAs will be the fundamental aspects of the position
- Create and maintain applicable system/subsystem/component software specifications in PTC Integrity
- Implement new feature and functions, support development of necessary tools and perform performance analysis as needed ? Provides technical leadership for projects incorporating complex electromechanical (“Mechatronic”) systems
- Manage customer technical requirements through requirements tools
- Ability to make high level trade-offs to optimize system architecture
- Ability to translate vehicle level requirement, objective and subjective, into system requirements
- Generate subsystem and component allocations to meet system level requirements
- Ability to be technical representative to customer for systems and electrical requirements
- Coordinate technical activities among subsystem and component groups to meet system requirements
- Track program technical deliveries to key milestones
- Assessment of system and / or component design to requirements through DFMEA’s and validation testing ? Assists in system testing and verification activities
- Bachelors. in Mechatronics, Controls, Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering or equivalent is required
- Background in the full development life-cycle of automotive electronics/control systems
- Experience in Electric Power Steering or ADAS is preferred.
Technical Competencies of System Engineer:
- General competency in all core fields (mechanical, electronics, computer hardware and software) is preferred
- Background in automotive engineering and chassis systems (steering, braking, suspension) is preferred
- Basic knowledge of controls, motors, controllers (HW and SW), sensors and gear boxes is preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 Safety Standards and requirements management tools is preferred
- Knowledge of system synthesis, analysis and verification techniques is preferred
- Knowledge of Systems Safety and HMI is highly desirable ? Possesses working knowledge of vehicle dynamics fundamentals for steering application development is preferred
- Possesses knowledge of steering and chassis systems and various mechanic/hydraulic principles is preferred ? Knowledge of Vehicle communication protocols (CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, …) and Diagnostic protocols (UDS)
- Strong software skills in system development tools (Vector CANape, CANalyzer, CANoe, etc.)
- Strong software skills in ASPICE system development tool chain (PTC Integrity, DOORS, Clear Case, Clear quest, etc.)
- Experience in problem solving techniques is required
- Experience w Rapid Prototyping tools such as MicroAutobox is preferred.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree