TRA (Tax Reporting & Advisory) Manager
|San Jose, California - United States
$130,000.00 - $170,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Tax Reporting & Advisory (TRA) Manager works closely with clients and staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The TRA team provides a variety of services to our clients in the areas of tax outsourcing, tax and finance optimization, tax technology and implementation as well as IFRS conversion. The TRA Manager is responsible for reviewing income and non-income based taxes, statutory income compliance and consulting, transactional taxes, transfer pricing documentation and evaluation, reviewing the tax flow and tax functioning of our client's operations, assisting in the evaluation and implementation of tax software and technology to increase efficiency as well as a variety of other job tasks depending on the engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor senior associates, associates, and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Conduct primary review of ASC 740 income tax provision engagements.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA required.
- Four to seven plus years relevant experience.
- Progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in Corporate income tax and strong ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes skills.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience in OneSource Tax Provision preferred.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.