|Norwood, Massachusetts - United States
$110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a private equity sponsored, engineering driven computer technology solutions provider. The Company did over $250 million in 2021; is very profitable and growing.
This is a great opportunity for a well rounded tax accounting professional to build out a tax function; work with a successful operating company striving to continue to grow and be involved with an outside investor that values the impact of tax on business decisions.
This role is a new position and part of an overall effort to bolster the finance group. The initial focus of the role is addressing the Company’s ability to meet all state sales tax deadlines, provide insight into the tax impact of possible business decisions and scale the capacity of the tax function within the finance group. Specific areas include;
- Prepare schedules for quarterly and annual tax provision calculations, including income tax payable and deferred tax account roll forwards.
- Develop key relationships with accounting/finance personnel for purposes of gathering and analyzing key financial information.
- Identify and recommend process improvements to all tax accounting and reporting processes.
- Assist with the tax compliance process for flow through and C-Corp structures, including the preparation of internal reports to assist external tax advisors in the preparation of tax returns and K-1s.
- Develop and maintain reporting calendars for all tax filings and tax deliverables.
- Primary liaison with external tax advisors and company’s equity sponsor to maintain tax efficiencies with the structure.
- Assist external tax advisors with the on-going maintenance of the tax basis for company assets.
- Assist external tax advisors with quarterly tax projections.
- Responsible for maintaining tax calendar and nexus within Avatax
- Responsible for exemption certificate management through CertCapture
- Review monthly consumers use tax exposure and prepare files for compliance
- Manage the monthly sales and use compliance process with 3rd party provider Avalara
- Work with internal personal to identify asset locations and track original cost for personal property tax filings
- Assist internal personal with identifying and remitting unclaimed property
- Manage unclaimed property recovery initiative
- Responsible for managing annual report filings.
- Monthly reconciliation of sales, use, escheatment and property tax general ledgers
- Analyze and respond to tax notices for all tax types and jurisdictions.
- 6 plus years of relevant tax experience as a manager or senior tax professional is required; the desired level of experience is 10 plus years
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate Degree in Business; CPA and/or master’s degree in taxation is preferred.
- Experience in managing transactions tax compliance with hands on experience maintaining all relevant database to ensure proper tax calculations
- Experience dealing with Partnership and Corporate tax compliance and accounting cycles is a must;
- Assist in meeting with cross-functional teams regarding merger and acquisition strategies and the impact on tax projections.
- Assist in driving results related to maximizing free cash flow (FCF) and position cash at the end of each quarter/year to obtain the most favorable reporting results for the company.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and comfortably with all levels both internally and externally.
- Results oriented with strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to succeed and multitask in a high-growth, fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must possess a desire to continually develop skills and product knowledge.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree