Technical Engineering Manager
|Joplin, Missouri - United States
$105,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Technical Engineering Manager
Location: Joplin, MO
Compensation: $105k - $110K plus 10% bonus
A local and large North American manufacturer is seeking a Technical Engineering Manager in their Joplin, MO plant.
The Technical Engineering Manager will develops, implement and support the plant’s Quality Systems and Process Improvement projects to enable and assure production of a high quality product at a value that meets or exceeds our customer’s requirements. Provides all aspects of leadership to the Quality Manager and site QA techs.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Directs activities and priorities of Process Engineers, and the Quality Department. Performs all elements of supervision over direct reports – performance reviews, hiring, salary administration, training, recognition, discipline, etc.
- Identifies, develops and implements plans for cost reduction, waste reduction, increased throughput and general process improvement.
- Ensures compliance and monitors resources for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the plant Food Defense and Product Safety systems.
- Assists in Product Development by applying working knowledge of manufacturing capabilities to ensure design control and scale-up protocol is met at onset of any new project initiation.
- Site administrator of all incoming orders, specs, waivers, and Projects. Administers the product specification system from the creation of new specs in conjunction with Sales and R&D to requesting revisions and / or deviations as required to optimize performance.
- Supervises internal validations and Design of Experiments to determine key process variables for the manufacturing processes.
- Carries out the necessary actions/steps to ensure new products conform to the Customers manufacturing and quality needs, and that it falls within our manufacturing process capabilities.
- Maintains overall Quality system/department in the facility by assuring current procedures and practices are appropriate to comply with customer requirements and specifications. Responsible for incoming verification of purchased products, in process inspection and final review of all products
- Demonstrates a proactive awareness of, and adherence to, all suitable and relevant Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between Sales, R&D, Manufacturing, and customers when necessary, in regards to quality expectations, performance at the customer’s facility, and manufacturing process capabilities to ensure all parties are kept well informed and regularly updated.
- Manages the Corrective Action system by assisting Supply Chain, Customer Service, Customer Focused Quality, and the manufacturing groups in the resolution of quality concerns and complaints.
- Reviews and monitors the organization’s documentation, policies and procedures to insure they are accurate and up- to-date for the facility.
What We Need From You:
- A Bachelors degree in engineering or related field
- A minimum of 7 years relevant manufacturing experience
- 5 years’ experience or involvement in Technical and Quality Management
- 3 years previous supervisory experience
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree