This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Technical Publication Engineer|
|Job Location:||Snyder, Nebraska - United States|
|Salary:||$70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Worldwide|
Technical Publication Engineer in Snyder, NE. Company is willing to assist with relocation.
This position will be responsible for engineering content solutions which support external stakeholders in the context of Aftermarket and Product Support. The primary focus of this role will be related to the design and/or redesign of technical content, including publications and exploded diagrams. This position requires a deep understanding of all current product structures, engineering processes, data sources, with a sustaining awareness to areas of the business which have an impact on Aftermarket Product Support’s Technical Publications activities and products.
• Act as the key technical advisor and product advocate for the business unit
• Specialize in the coordination, planning and performance of activities to complete the publishing of customer facing technical documentation to include, but not limited to new Service Part introduction, exploded view diagrams, service bills of materials, service instructions and parts manuals, for defined family of products.
• Maintain and report relevant metrics, as assigned.
• Coordinate the successful delivery of all required Engineering source data to meet objectives
• Coordinate and track documentation related to projects, including but not limited to, recalls, campaigns and service bulletins.
• Develop / coordinate proposed solutions / improvements to processes and /or related systems.
• Hands-on role in developing, maintaining and publishing of technical documentation, including but not limited to product Illustrations, Parts Lists, Service manuals and Parts Publications.
• Lead in the resolution of moderate field service / warranty problems related to technical documentation.
• Review, interpret and translate to common language, all relevant technical documents provided from internal and external sources, including but not limited to Bill of Materials (BOMs), blueprints, Production Assembly Drawings (PADs), and Spec. Sheets.
• Perform data management and other publishing activities in multiple systems including, but not limited to Oneil CMS, MacPac, Aurora, Epicor, SolidWorks, Illustrator, Composer.
• Requires strong product knowledge of the operation and assembly of company products.
• Requires strong knowledge of Engineering tools, processes, data structures, and data sources.
• Knowledge and experience of compnay products’ manufacturing processes
• Demonstrated ability to identify and anticipate perceived value for company’s customers.
• Excellent verbal / Written Communications
• Computer skills including Office, Project, Visio, SolidWorks, Composer, Illustrator, SolidWorks,
• Ability to interpret Company BOMs and assembly prints
• Ability to problem solve
• Flexibility to work in a team environment and also work independently.
• Customer-centric focus and attitude
• Detail / accuracy oriented
• Empathetic to customer feedback and issues
• Ability to remain stable and focused a high stress environment
• Willingness to understand FMVSS requirements