Technical Service Manager, Asia Pacific
|, - China
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This demanding position is a hybrid between technical service and sales. Establishing strong relationships with customers, promoting company product range, and resolving technical issues at the customer site are a few of the key attributes this position requires.
Based in either Hong Kong/Shenzhen or Shanghai with strong language skills in English and Chinese are required with regular travels.
- Station in either Hong Kong/Shenzhen or Shanghai.
- Reporting to Director of Technology, Europe, dotted line to Business Director Asia Pacific.
- Provide technical support to customers including company network of international Brokers.
- Assist customers in setting machine parameters and tolerances on filling/wadding and induction equipment.
- Analyze failed product performance and determine the root cause, both in the laboratory and on the filling lines.
- Attend line trials and assist customers in achieving successful technical performance.
- Compile extensive, factual, and detailed analysis reports on technical issue resolution.
- Conduct training sessions with customers and Brokers concerning proper induction setup and seal evaluation, as well as general product training.
- Provide technical support to Sales Managers and Brokers with main focus throughout Asia and Oceania.
- Successful managing of customer relationship in technical matters to ensure their collaboration.
- General troubleshooting and problem resolution at customer’s production lines.
- Work closely with the sales team in the pre-sales stage to successfully complete commercial projects and new product introductions.
- Participate and organize technical webinars.
- Frequent travel will be required throughout Asia and Australasia. Some of this will be accompanying/supporting Sales Managers, some of this will be independent travel.
- Graduate-level engineering or scientific background.
- Working proficiency in Chinese, solid English language skills.
- Experience working with Global multinational companies.
- Experience of working with customers in Food, Beverage, Personal Care, Industrial and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Experience working closely with an international sales team and managing technical sales projects through to completion.
- Experience in dealing with quality complaints.
- Ability to analyze data and write clear concise reports on application and quality issues.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for a related packaging manufacturer, preferably technical packaging consumables, such as flexible and or ridged packaging.
- Proficient in excel and statistical analysis tools.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree