Technical Service Manager/ Food Scientist
|Saint Louis, Missouri - United States
$85,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Market leading Nutritional Product Company that offers a diverse range of innovative products and solutions, is seeking a Technical Service/ Applications Manager. This person will oversee Product Development and provide technical leadership to the project team, technicians, customers and other lab personnel. Will work with various groups in the organization including, sales, quality assurance, R&D, manufacturing and business development. Competitive salary and benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for safety within the Application Development laboratory. Holds direct reports accountable to safe work practices, with a goal of zero injuries within the lab. Demonstrates behavior of a safety leader.
- Responsible for leading all technical activity of a project evaluating products within applications including new products, current products, and competitive ingredient samples.
- Provide sales with technical expertise needed to work closely with customers. This may include participation in customer presentations to resolve product issues and/or taking customer technical calls.
- Coordinate the work of all resources, providing technical mentoring in design and execution of experiments.
- Direct new product development and work closely with manufacturing on integrating new formulas into production and assisting with plant scale-up.
- Direct the Project Leaders (Applications Technologists, Food Scientists, Food Techs) to use and maintain all lab equipment as necessary. Ensure projects are completed, well documented, and communicate results.
- Provide research support in all marketing efforts, including the expansion of existing product applications and Innovative applications.
- Provide technical leadership to all internal departments. Provide insight on new manufacturing techniques and materials, as required. Provide technical support to help resolve quality issues associated with application.
- Direct technical training and give presentations to customers and other departments within the company as needed. This will include training new employees and preparing new product demonstrations for trade shows and sales meetings.
- Effectively lead groups to achieve company goals and objectives. This includes completing projects on time, and communicating results to move projects forward.
- Manage employees within the department to accomplish the above guidelines.
- Bachelors degree in Food Science or related discipline; Master degree preferred
- 5+ years of related technical service/research and development experience, including working directly with sales and customers. Beverage applications development a big plus.
- Application Development experience in the health and nutrition/ food ingredient industry and ideally industrial Bakery products.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of products, formulations, and current nutritional and health trends
- Familiarity with principals of flavor and dairy chemistry and applications development in the Food/Beverage (Bakery, Dairy) industries.
- Ability to design tests and present results to customers and management
- Previous supervisory experience in a Technical Service/ R&D environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship available.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree