This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Technical Writer - Sensors - Electronic Systems|
|Job Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||$60,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
We are looking for a Technical Writer, XML experience is key to this role. Must have ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret level clearance. Military background can be helpful as this role will be designing and developing DoD technical publications and Logistics products.
The Technical Writer is responsible for the research, writing, development, publishing, and overall management of technical publication products. All documents are related to the installation, operation, and maintenance of software, electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other products. The Technical Writer collaborates with engineers and technicians engaged in developing new products and making improvements to existing products. Publications are produced using source information contained in engineering drawings, sketches, notes, bulletins, existing manuals, and/or other technical documents. The writer works with logistics and engineering personnel in an integrated product team environment to compile source data inputs, prepare Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) that are required for the operation, and maintenance and delivery of the products. Additionally, the writer is a participant in the proposal development process and will assist the product development team to prepare and deliver engineering documents such as analyses, plans, procedures, reports and logistics products.
• B.S. in a technical discipline and 5 years of direct, pertinent experience or 10 or more years of direct technical writing experience in military research, development and hardware manufacturing environment
• Experience in the design and development of DoD technical publications and Logistics products
• Proficient in application of TRADOC Standard 350-70
ADDITIONAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have strong organization and communication skills (both verbal and written) • Ability to multitask and create, maintain and manage multiple project objectives according to deadlines
• Writes in clear and concise language
• Proficient in use and interpretation of MIL-PRF-29612, MIL-STD-38784, and MIL-STD40051-2
• Proficient in the development of both conventional and interactive electronic technical publications
• Proficient in a range of Microsoft products (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Visio, FrontPage, and Project), CAD and graphic tools
• Knowledgeable in DTD, HTML, SGML, XML, project management processes
• Ability to perform assembly of structural, electrical, and mechanical parts on major subassemblies for demonstrations, verifications and validations
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and system specifications
• Ability to understand complex engineering designs, understands engineering principles such as hydraulics, mechanics and electronics to independently write system/equipment documentation
• Experience in configuration management processes
• Willingness to travel less than 10% of the time
• Must have ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret level clearance
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree