|Houston, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
One of the largest independent operators of Tank Storage Terminals for oils, chemicals and gases worldwide
The purpose of this position is to provide day-to-day support of the terminal operations. It will include implementation of improvement projects, identification/verification of all required upgrades to bring the terminal up to Company standards, maintaining plant infrastructure, and maintaining the process control system. Will assist managers and employees with hazard identification process, perform and initial process hazard analysis and carry out risk analysis for the terminal and ongoing project. It will also include Project Management for all expense, maintenance, capital, and business development projects. Assist in the development and management of capital and maintenance budgets.
This position will work closely with all terminal personnel, regional engineering, Corporate engineering, as well as outside engineering and contractors to implement process improvements and projects.
Day-to-Day Engineering Support Responsibilities:
- Daily management of capital improvement projects.
- Manages terminal storage tank and pressure vessel API inspections and repairs.
- Coordinate/Lead HAZOP’s, PHA’s, and HAZID’s to ensure the facility maintains regulatory compliance.
- Supervision of all required electrical & instrumentation upgrade/coordination.
- Supervision and development of PFDs, P&IDs, and validation of safeguards
- Manages truck scale inspections, calibrations, and maintenance needs to maintain proper performance.
- Manages terminal fire protection system inspections, testing and maintenance needs for proper performance.
- Manages cathodic protection system testing, inspections and maintenance needs to protect terminal assets (tanks, docks, underground piping).
- Evaluates existing terminal operations and seek ways to improve efficiency and safety, reduce costs, and increase environmental performance.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with maintenance and engineering department for some maintenance and project needs.
- Coordinates with terminal manager & marketing department on projects and customer needs.
- Develop project scopes, schedules, and estimates for approval.
- Generate/Submit AFE’s for projects
- Assist in the development and management of capital and maintenance budgets.
- Work with business development on business case models and determine the feasibility of new projects.
- Generate purchase orders when needed for projects and procurement needs.
- Manage the AFE tracker for projects and budgeted work.
- Perform technical reviews on projects to determine action items and resolution to issues and opportunities.
- Encourage and initiate project engineering standards to improve any potential safety and health hazard conditions.
- Work with Engineering on standards.
- Review bids and negotiate costs for projects.
- Manage contractors and negotiate work and schedules.
- Communicate project schedules and timelines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of related experience is required.
- Terminal, pipeline, marine, truck and rail transportation experience preferred.
- Project Management experience is required.
- Experience reading and editing PFDs, P&IDs, and equipment data specifications
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree