|Kansas City, Kansas - United States
$60,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This opportunity is with a great organization who apply's leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet their customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. You would be apart of a growing team who welcomes colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170-year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field!
Designs, develops, and executes tests and analysis for prototyping, design verification and qualification of existing and new products that includes engineering test fixtures and test systems as needed.
- Works under limited supervision to plan, develop and execute qualification and test of engineering designs to customer and/or industry specifications.
- Recommends equipment for test and develops solutions for systems to improve efficiencies in the testing environment.
- Interprets customer specifications and writes test procedures to qualify new and existing products.
- Notifies stakeholders of at risk events or test failures in a timely manner.
- Keeps projects on time and notifies stakeholders of slippage of agreed upon timelines.
- Designs and develops fixtures for testing and characterization of engineering designs.
- Procures items needed for test and development of product.
- Sources and monitors external labs performing test or evaluation to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Determines effectiveness of test procedures and methods ensuring adherence to specifications.
- Reviews test data for accuracy, quality and fidelity prior to delivery to stakeholders.
- Prepares test and failure reports and can articulate and present results to stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Responsible for prototyping and evaluation of new products in leading edge applications.
- Specify tooling and equipment needed to support the production build.
- Support, contribute and promote a safe work environment.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with company policies.
Planning and Decision Making:
- Coordinates with project team to ensure milestones are achieved and risks are mitigated.
- Provides test plans, schedules and cost work sheets for qualification of new and existing products.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment, systems, tools and process to increase organizational efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and/or assists others in solving work problems.
- Relies on experience, analytical capacity, problem solving skills/tools and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Impact and Scope:
- Contributes to Functional KPI goals.
- Collaborates across multiple sites and geographies.
- Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- <10% of travel may be required for training and/or other business purposes, including customer and/or supplier visits.
Key Internal and External Relationships:
- Be able to lead or contribute to cross-functional teams in product development cycle.
- Interface with customers & supply chain during the development cycle and conduct customer visits as necessary.
- Be able to train Internal and External stakeholders on our products and capabilities.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 0-5 years of related engineering work experience.
- Preferred knowledge of statistical methods and tools to determine product adherence to specification.
- Preferred understanding of electromechanical products
- Preferred knowledge of MIL-Spec and other Space/Defense/Aerospace/Medical industry specifications.
- Preferred experience of performing Root Cause Analysis utilizing standard problem solving tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling using drawing and simulation packages.
- Experienced in programming with VB.NET, VBA, and Labview.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Project
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree