|Amherst, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
As an expert Test Engineer, you are especially good at conveying technical concepts simply and effectively to others. You are a hands-on, critical thinker with the demonstrated ability to organize multiple projects.
If this sounds like you, our client, a leading supplier to the automotive industry, is seeking a Test Engineer for their Amherst, New York facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
- Understand and execute A/C compressor tests efficiently and correctly
- Interface with PC based electronic test request system
- Diagnosis of test compressor/test bench issues
- Development of new test technologies and equipment
- Developing and authoring of engineering test specifications for components and assemblies
- Blueprint reading, interpretation, and specification of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Assist with preparation and execution of test units
- Analyze test data and organize results relative to internal or customer specifications with observations and conclusions
- Apply engineering practices to reach design solutions
- Participate in innovation, product cost and quality improvement initiatives
- Participate in cross-functional teams related to customer program launch activity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years’ experience in development testing of precision products
- Strong computer skills – MS Office programs
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and to apply critical thinking techniques to solve problems
- Asset - Automotive/Residential /Commercial HVAC development experience
- Asset - Certified to operate general machine shop equipment (drill press, lathe, mill)
- Asset - Strong mechanical aptitude/knowledge of automotive A/C refrigerant systems