Ticketed Industrial Mechanic/Millwright
|North Vancouver Outer East, British Columbia - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Do you have the mechanical ability (and Red-Seal Industrial Mechanic/Millwright Ticket) to maintain a state-of-the-art, newly built, export facility on the west coast? Our client is a growing, progressive company with a network of grain elevators across Canada.
This position is key to optimizing operational efficiencies, minimizing downtime, and managing risk while ultimately ensuring the timely movement of grain through the facility. Ensure agriculture products are unloaded, processed, and shipped to world markets quickly.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain the plant infrastructure and material handling systems (conveyors, bucket elevators, dust collection systems, grain cleaning equipment, fans)
- Maintain electrical and control systems
- Maintain boilers
- Utilize a mobile user interface, tablet-based system; recording work details
- Adhere to lock-out-tag-out isolation protocols
- Adhere to housekeeping and food safety requirements
- Hold safety as paramount; mitigating and identifying safety hazards
- Troubleshoot and identify root issues causing equipment failure
- Inspect facilities and identify repair and improvements needed
- Reporting regularly to management
Does this sound like you?
- A red-seal Millwright/Industrial Mechanic
- An innate mechanical ability with proven troubleshooting and root-cause analysis skills
- Desire to maintain new instead of repair old equipment
- 6+ years of maintenance experience working with heavy industrial materials handling systems
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- You can demonstrate initiative, leadership, and high quality of work
- A computer aptitude using mobile devices and computerized maintenance systems
- Able to complete tasks as assigned, when assigned, in the time assigned without feeling stressed
Are you looking for these elements in your ideal job?
- Working in an essential industry
- Working within a maintenance team
- An opportunity to grow your career with a company that supports the success of their employees
- An organization that is committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment
- Personal/Flex days, Sick Days
- Highly Competitive wage with shift premiums
- Working shift work - 6 on, 3 off
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally might like more information on, apply today!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those who are outside of Canada cannot be retained in our database.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.