This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Tool and Die Manager|
|Job Location:||Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
We are looking for a hands-on Tool & Die Engineering Manager to provide technical leadership to Plant Tooling Engineers, Tool & Die Maintenance, PM technicians, and Die Change associates. This candidate will give guidance to new tool designs and manage tooling programs to reduce scrap and improve up time and improve longevity of tools. The Tool and Die Manager will work closely with all facets of the organization to ensure tooling performance meets the needs of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support launch activities to ensure all tool designs and builds meet tooling standards
• Lead and support new tooling feasibility reviews
• Support APQP, FEMA development and PPAP activities
• Utilize Tooling engineers to actively engage with tool vendors during tooling build and buy-off processes
• Establish and maintain a robust tooling PM program, including PM performance metrics
• Establish and maintain critical tooling spare parts inventory
• Maintain budget for department labor, including overtime, and tooling expense items such as spare parts and vendor refurbishment of tools
• Manage vendors during tool refurbishment initiatives
• Drive OEE improvement initiatives through the application of rapid changeovers and error-proofing
• Develop and standardize escalation procedures for Tool & Die associates
• Partner with training and development to develop associate training and apprenticeship opportunities
• Create and maintain a 6S program for Tool Maintenance, PM and Die set processes
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
• 4-year technical degree (Tool and Die) or equivalent experience as a journeyman tool and die maker.
• 10 years minimum experience in metal stamping.
• Must possess exceptional skill sets in the following areas: crash form, draw die, and progressive / transfer design and development.
• Hands on roll in troubleshooting of various types of die tooling.
• Able to critique die design concepts for both production worthiness and ease of maintainability.
• Critique advanced product designs for manufacturability.
• Hands on roll in evaluating customer concerns and trouble-shooting.
• Strong Technical Experience with High Tonnage metal stamping presses (Mechanical and Hydraulic)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment requiring multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize.
• Well versed in MS Office and CAD software and applications.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree