Turnaround Event Manager
|Morris, Illinois - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Leads and directs all preparation, planning, execution, and closure activities for turnaround assignments in the United States. Position resides in the Global Project and Engineering group (GPE) with rotating assignments to sites for 2 – 3 years for the preparation and execution of each turnaround.This position will primarily support the Clinton, Iowa and Morris, Illinois turnarounds and co-locate with those sites.
- Fosters and champions a GoalZERO culture to execute each turnaround event in a way that produces extraordinary performance results in all aspects – health, safety, environmental, security – as well as reliability, productivity and quality.
- Leads the Turnaround Management Team for each assigned turnaround to support, facilitate, and implement the front-end loading, planning, execution, and closure of the turnaround in accordance with the objectives established in the turnaround premise statement and within the approved cost and schedule.
- Manages the Turnaround Core Team and Turnaround Execution Team for each assigned turnaround to timely complete activities and deliverables required by the company Turnaround Excellence Model (TAEM) to achieve best-in-class turnaround events.
- Develops funding requests and secures approval for assigned turnarounds.
- Regularly communicates status, key performance indicators, and both leading and lagging performance metrics for each assigned turnaround to site and corporate leadership.
- Supports company turnaround process standardization and improvement through participation in technical networks and cross-functional projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in engineering or construction management is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a process plant or comparable environment is required. Prior maintenance turnaround experience strongly preferred for degreed candidates.
- Non-degreed candidates should have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in a process plant environment with at least five (5) of those years working in a turnaround planning or execution role.
- Experience leading or managing large, complex projects covering multiple technical disciplines is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision and to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities is required.
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours (typically 12 to 14 hours per day for 13 days in a row) for extended durations (typically two to three months) immediately preceding, during, and after turnaround execution is required.
- Although most assignments will be in the Houston, Texas area, a willingness to accept periodic assignments at other US locations is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel in support of company turnaround process standardization, peer reviews, and improvement efforts to other sites in the United States is required.
- Leadership skills and management experience in project management, turnaround planning, scheduling and execution and project controls.
- Strategic focus and a proven track record of continuous improvement, including cost reduction and reliability improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability in several core competencies including strategic leadership, champion of change, technical knowledge, communication effectiveness, driving and managing teamwork and managerial agility
- Strong leadership, teamwork and communication skills plus the ability to manage multiple diverse issues.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree