VMWare Operations Specialist
|Toronto, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
One of Canada's leading service company with offices nationwide
Great benefits, room to grow, stable environment
A major services firm with their head office in downtown Toronto has an exciting opportunity
for a VMWare / Azure Operations Specialist.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, design and implement Infrastructure Solutions for IT.
- Solutions should be based on cloud, virtual, server and storage technologies.
- Technologies are to be configured, installed and tested
- Testing of hardware and software will be done to ensure and maximize uptime.
- Uptime can also be maximized by providing users with proper documentation.
- Communicate with Computer Services group to insure total functionality.
- Offer second level support on an as required basis.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience with cloud, virtual, server and storage technologies
- In depth knowledge of VMWare/Hyper V, MS Azure, HP DL class and Blade Center servers,
- storage management tools such as HP 3PAR, HP Nimble, HP StoreOnce, NAS,
- Switched fabric, HBA configuration, iSCSI
- Experience with enterprise backup platforms such as CommVault
- Fairly decent knowledge of Citrix (Xenapp)
- Understanding and use of security updates through SCCM/WSUS
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree