|Title:||VP Manager Systems Engineering|
|Job Location:||, New Jersey - United States|
|Salary:||$125,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||14% Bonus Eligibility|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Tremendous opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization with unlimited growth potential working with quite literally some the best personalities and talent around!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Information Technology Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for providing initial design, implementation, optimization, administration and technical documentation of all enterprise infrastructure systems with minimal supervision.
He/she will be responsible for the overall applications dataflow, stability, performance, and health for our Client's operational applications systems and environments including future new systems.
This includes installation/configuration, operation, monitoring and maintenance of systems and ensuring continual operation, stability, performance, application health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
Provides oversight for the development and implementation of procedures that ensure systems support the Client's business requirements, meet compliance/security requirements and meet the needs of end users.
In addition s/he must manage the documentation associated with above mentioned systems and that accurate run books are maintained.
In coordination with the Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO), this role will assist in defining project scope, requirements, timeline, and milestones including coordination of resources, purchasing, equipment, logistics, systems analysis, software application support, and vendor management to ensure the project stay on target.
Provides recommendations for IT budgetary consideration and assists with written justification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the full life cycle of direct reports including hiring, training, coaching, delegating work, evaluating, compensation recommendations, disciplining and development.
2. Structure, plan, organize, develop, implement and manage all enterprise event management activities including server, database application and facilities event management. Establish work plans in conjunction with Business and IT Delivery leadership.
3. Identify trends, implement new solutions/processes that resolve customer issues and continually strive toward moving from a reactive state to a proactive state.
4. Maintain a keen eye on process improvements as well as system updates and or improvements based on new technologies and or advanced feature sets for existing technologies.
5. Perform trend analysis and predict upgrades required to keep systems performing optimally.
6. Serve as a liaison between internal business units and outside vendors to effectively engineer and implement infrastructure modifications that further support the strategic initiatives of the Bank and resolve issues.
7. Motivate and lead direct reports to ensure strict adherence to key performance indicators and service level agreements.
8. Ensure the team meets all compliance related tasks and further focuses on automating repeated tasks.
9. Ensure necessary skills and experience levels are maintained within the team..
10. Directs staff to swiftly resolve issues that affect the availability of production systems.
11. Create and maintain run books for all IT procedures.
12. Assist in developing and maintaining IT Governance processes, knowledge management repository and recommend automation tasks to eliminate manual processes.
13. Ensures the successful completion of automated tasks and jobs, timely execution of manual tasks, and subsequent automation of manual tasks to facilitate daily operations.
14. Accountable for meeting SLAs by removing obstacles, delivering on services and providing broad, technical and service quality leadership.
15. Interface and assist system administrators, engineers, management, customers, carrier partners and technicians to resolve trouble reports and ensure escalations are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
16. Develop and maintain training requirements with personnel, and assess staff performance in event management activities.
17. Develop a well-trained staff. Supervise the team to include selection, training and development, coaching, counseling and performance management. Provide appropriate career opportunities to ensure the efficient and effective management of all functions, with the ability to support a rapid-growth company.
18. Encourages and promotes the concept of exceptional customer service.
19. Strong emphasis on the need to provide continuous and improving customer service and support.
20. Attends weekly team meetings and provides a status report each week.
21. Performs other duties as required.
1. Technical School Certificate in Information Technology or relevant field.
2. Seven (7) years’ experience in a Technical environment.
3. 5 years’ experience leading a Systems Engineering team of at least five members.
4. Demonstrated experience with configuration and monitoring Systems entities such as storage, databases, virtual environments, peripheral infrastructure, email, and servers etc.
5. Experience with infrastructure monitoring and management tools such as ServiceNow and Solar Winds, SCCM, Kaseya.
6. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
7. Proficiency in workings of Windows OS, including AD, DNS, IIS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, SMTP, and Windows System Architecture Management.
8. Preferred experienced with migrating workloads to the cloud and with Azure Cloud Platforms including M365, inTune, EMS, and Exchange online. Experience with similar functionality with other cloud providers will be considered as well.
9. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of internal and external customers.
10. Possess solid management skills which encompass project management as well as management of support staff.
11. Outstanding customer service skills; The ability to deal professionally in all situations (vendor, customer, team, department, and company) with a positive, helpful attitude.
12. Must be able to multitask and manage a large and varied workload in a sometimes high pressure environment.
13. Ability to work well under pressure
14. Well versed in computer operations, ITIL methodology and networking essentials.
15. Ability to write technical documentation and create management reports and metrics.
16. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
17. Must demonstrate an understanding of performance metrics and KPI methodologies.
18. Must be bondable.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar Technology field.
2. MCSE, ESEP, CSEP Certified preferred.
3. Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of modern technologies including cloud based technologies is strongly desired. Microsoft Azure Cloud experiences preferred.
4. Knowledge of Fiserv, Citrix, LAN, WAN, VoIP, VMWare, Webex Teams, Webex UCM is be helpful.
5. Experience working in highly regulated environment such as banking, finance etc. helpful.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree