VP, AML Quality Control Manager
|Santa Ana, California - United States
$140,000.00 - $170,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for overseeing the AML quality control team, who conducts QC reviews of the work produced by CTR Analysts, Sanctions Analysts, FIU Alert Analysts, FIU Investigators, and EDD Investigators. The objectives of these reviews include: ensuring Currency Transactions Reports are completed in accordance with all applicable regulatory guidelines and filed within regulatory timelines; ensuring OFAC and Sanction decisions are appropriately documented and supported and filed within regulatory timelines, when applicable; ensuring transaction monitoring system alerts/incidents are properly dispositioned, appropriately documented, and escalated to cases, as appropriate, within departmental guidelines; ensuring case investigations are completed in accordance with bank standards and regulatory guidelines; ensuring the decision to escalate unusual or suspicious activity is sound and supported with appropriate documentation; and ensuring all FinCEN filings are complete, accurate, and filed within regulatory and departmental guidelines; ensures all Enhanced Due Diligence reviews are appropriately documented, customer risk rating recommendations are supported, and any unusual activity is appropriately identified and escalated, as appropriate. Reviews a variety of low, moderate, and highly complex business activities and transactions, which requires a combined level of banking experience and AML expertise, in order to effectively assess the quality of AML department work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish the vision, strategic direction, responsibilities, and day-to-day activities of the AML Quality Control Team . This role is an active role requiring hands on quality control work and experience. The position is also responsible for monitoring the production levels and quality of reviews of the AML QC team. This role is a visible role within the bank’s Executive Management team and is critical to ensuring a safe and sound AML Program.
- Manage quality control reviews of Currency Transaction Reporting to determine that all regulatory required information is populated and accurate ensuring no technical violations of law; all underlying transactional data is tied out to the CTR report; and all reports are filed within regulatory timeframes. Immediately escalates any issues or CTR filings with the potential to be late to the SVP, BSA/AML Officer. Ensures each QC review is thoroughly documented on a QC Checklist.
- Manages quality control reviews of CTR Exemptions to ensure that the customers conducted enough transactions to quality for exemption, the exemption recommendation is in line with AML department guidelines, the exemptions were timely reviewed and approved by the CTR Designation of Exempt Person (DOEP) Committee, and AML/bank systems were appropriately updated with the CTR exemption status. Ensures timely annual reviews of CTR Exempt customers are conducted within departmental and regulatory guidelines. Ensures each QC review is thoroughly documented on a QC Checklist.
- Maintain proficiency in OFAC and Sanctions regulations; work with the Sanctions Officer to ensure quality control reviews are updated to reflect changes within U.S. Government Sanctions; ensure Sanctions analysts adhere to new or amended Sanctions and/or Sanctions guidance and that sanctions related reviews are dispositioned appropriately and are supported by underlying analyst work. Ensures each QC review is thoroughly documented on a QC Checklist.
- Manages quality control reviews of AML & Fraud alerts conducted by the FIU Alerts team to determine if the review and research was conducted in accordance with the quality standards and timeframes set by established procedures, bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures alert determinations are appropriate, fully supported, and clearly documented. Ensures each QC review is thoroughly documented on a QC Checklist.
- Manages quality control reviews of FIU Investigations conducted by the FIU Investigations team to ensure investigations are appropriately documented; ensures the analysis of the investigations is in line with AML department guidance and regulatory standards; ensures the case determinations are appropriately supported, and ensures that case investigations are conducted timely. Ensures each case QC review is thoroughly documented on a QC Checklist.
- Manages technical quality control reviews of all Suspicious Activity Reporting to ensure that no technical violations of law occur; ensures the SAR report is appropriately populated within all departmental and regulatory guidelines; ensures the technical QC is both documented on a SAR Technical QC Checklist and performed prior to SAR filing; ensures all information contained within the SAR is traced, documented, and tied to underlying bank systems, case investigations, and all transactional totals are included and correct.
- Manages quality control reviews of EDD Investigations conducted by the EDD Investigations team to ensure EDD investigations are appropriately documented; ensures the analysis of the investigation is in line with AML department guidance and regulatory standards; ensure the recommended customer risk rating is supported and appropriate; ensures risk rating changes were appropriately approved by the BSA/AML Officer, or designee; ensures each investigations case QC review is thoroughly documented on a QC Checklist
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Relevant work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML.
- Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements.
- Established business knowledge and comprehension of financial products.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of ten (10)+ years’ experience working within the BSA/AML/OFAC field.
- Experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or financial investigations
- 4-6 years experience in internal audit; quality control; risk management; operations/ quality assurance within AML function
- CAMS required; CPA, CIA, CFSA, CFE, CFCS certification(s) a plus
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree