Vehicle Systems Engineer
|Denton, Texas - United States
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Function Development Engineer is required to play a vital role in conceptualizing features from the customer’s perspective and translating them into functional requirement specifications, for one of our best clients in Denton, TX. This client is a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands. You will be responsible for interface with the Technical Center, Product Planning, Marketing & Sales, EU Divisions and Management to evaluate customer requirements and definition of vehicle level targets that support launching the next generation of industry leading trucks. If you have interpersonal skills and engineering knowledge to add direction for future major programs, then you are perfectly suitable for this position.
Responsibilities of the Function Development Engineer:
- Identify and incorporate advanced automotive technologies into products
- Work in a fast pace environment to design and simulate future truck functionality.
- Define feature and function requirements, safety requirements, use cases and performance requirements needed to meet safety, functionality and reliability objectives.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to drive the functions through the product development cycle to ensure seamless integration.
- Work towards delivering fully validated, high quality customer features.
- Experience with vehicle or systems-level automotive design, development, or testing
- Ability to lead projects and multitask
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills.
- Knowledge of software programming for embedded systems (Python, C, C++)
- Creative, quality and results-driven work ethic with the ability to learn on the fly and adapt to change
- Familiarity with Automotive Software Performance Improvement and Capability determination (ASPICE) V cycle is a plus
- Experience with Design/Development of Safety-Critical Systems/Components
- Understanding of Functional Safety (ISO 26262) & Failure Mode Avoidance
- Understanding of typical automotive interfaces: CAN, LIN, SAE J1939
- Experience with Automotive Electrical/Electronic Architectures, Computer/Vehicle Networking, and Protocols
- Knowledge of Matlab or Simulink
Compensation of the Function Development Engineer:
Salary Range: $97K-$111K/year, plus bonus and benefits
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% company match, and a company paid Pension Plan with vesting after 5 years of service
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off – Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields
- Contribute to a work culture with a long and rich history that celebrates innovation, process improvement, diversity of people and thought, and pride in high quality products
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree