Vehicle Systems Engineer-Software Definition
|Denton, Texas - United States
$85,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a direct-hire position, working for a lglobal leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands. You will be responsible to lead the concept architecture and requirements development for systems related to commercial EVs, Automated Driving (L2+) and Autonomous (L4) trucks.
Our client is looking for a Vehicle Systems Engineer-Software Definition to play a vital role in the creation of Autonomous Vehicle systems. This is a direct-hire position, working for a lglobal leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands. You will be responsible to lead the concept architecture and requirements development for systems related to commercial EVs, Automated Driving (L2+) and Autonomous (L4) trucks. If you have a solid background in this feild, with the ability to take ownership of project, this opportunity ia a great chance to work on cutting-edge technologies for an industry leader.
Responsibilities of the Vehicle Systems Engineer-Software Definition:
- Lead all aspects of systems development such as requirements definition, analysis and development of their applicable system
- Implement new feature and functions.
- Build Control Function Architecture with assistance from architecture team
- Create and maintain applicable system/subsystem/component software specifications in IBM DOORS / DOORS Next Generation (DNG)
- Lead/participate in software peer reviews and Functional Safety to ensure compliance to requirements
- Provide technical leadership for sophisticated technology development
- Collaborate with other System Engineers and subject matter experts to define and negotiate key functional and performance requirements
- Root cause all applicable system related issues during testing and validation
- Ensure work is completed as per the milestones with excellence
- Responsible for compliance with company processes and safety procedures
- Represent the team globally as a key partner to the product
- Support and/or lead activities for customer outreach and education in these technologies and their respective use cases
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with automotive or similar electronic modules and/or systems engineering
- Experience with requirement management tools such as DOORS, DNG, JAMA etc.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- High level of oral and written communication skills and basic project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with colleagues local and at remote sites
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong technical leadership skills and able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility, delivery, and schedule commitment
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance (ADAS), Motion Control, Automotive Network, and Powertrain is a plus
- Experience in writing and comprehending software and hardware requirements and interfaces
- Design/Development of safety critical systems/components (ISO26262 is a plus)
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree