|Jacksonville, Florida - United States
$75,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
SInce 1977, our client's diversified staff of engineers, planners, technicians and specialists have been committed to successfully producing and managing projects for federal, state, and local governments, as well as clients in the private sector. Using the most current technologies, our client's design teams, managed with hands-on principal involvement, remain steadfast in their efforts to provide the highest level of technical service, while maintaining the strongest of ethical standards. Growth of our client's business has lead directly to adding a new Wastewater Engineer position to the team.
The Wastewater Engineer will work on all phases of civil engineering including planning, design, and construction management of water and wastewater treatment, collection, distribution, storage and pumping systems. Typical projects involve working with local and regional municipal clients to solve complex water and wastewater challenges, assist in the design, permitting, and construction of municipal utility projects. Specific tasks may include field investigations, preparation of engineering reports, project permitting, cost estimates, development and review of design plans and technical specifications, filed representations and office assistance through construction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs original tasks including preparation of plans, drawings, specifications, maps and cost-estimates
- Project management including planning, scheduling and leading all phases of small to moderately complex utility projects in a specific discipline and assigned functional area.
- Conduct engineering assessments including identifying, analyzing and recommending engineering alternatives if required.
- Proficient in operating the computer aided engineering design and analysis program and tools utilized in the utility.
- Accurately maintaining and archiving project documentation.
- Preparing requests for proposal (RFPs) for engineering services, construction, equipment purchases and analyzing responses.
- Administering contracts, interpreting field documents and insure proper construction through inspections for moderately complex utility projects.
- Bachelors degree in Chemical, Environmental, Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience related to the duties described above for wastewater design, permitting and construction
- (Preference) An active PE license in Florida is preferred or the ability to obtain within 12 months.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Engineering concepts, principles, practices, methods, and standards associated with utility projects
- Common sources of engineering information
- Federal, state, local and industry laws, regulations and permitting requirements
- Project management techniques and contract administration
- Principles and application of safe work practices
- Process improvement methodologies
- Excellent communications skills including ability to interface with clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies
- Excellent technical writing skills for use in development of engineering reports and studies
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, able to anticipate and initiate subsequent project tasks, working independently or with minimal instruction
- Able to work efficiently with a predetermined project budget and schedule
- Knowledge in hydraulic modeling software such as WaterCAD, SewerCAD, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, and similar software
- Basic familiarity with AutoCAD software (2017 or later) preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree