Water Facilities Design Lead/Client Services Manager
|Atlanta, Georgia - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Work with a national engineering firm that offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; This company walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Seeking an experienced water industry professional to join our established Water Team as a Water Facilities Design Lead/Client Services Manager for the Atlanta, Georgia area. The successful candidate will help develop and lead business planning, pursue diverse and custom water and wastewater projects, build, and maintain outstanding client relationships, be active in industry activities and events, and learn and mentor as part of a growing full services team.
This client-focused Manager will be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients; gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the hands-on management of exciting water industry projects through all phases of delivery.
- Travel will be required on an as-needed basis for projects, conferences, marketing, and other duties to maintain your designated service area.
- Responsibilities will include a variety of projects related to water infrastructure planning, design, implementation, and optimization: water distribution, pumping, and storage, sewer collection, pumping, and storage: water facilities planning, design, implementation, and optimization: drinking water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, advanced water treatment plants
- Business planning and development activities: client service management, lead marketing team in proposal development efforts, scope, fee, and contract development services
- Oversee production of deliverables, including complete detailed design calculations, drawings, and specifications, scheduling, management, and coordination of support disciplines and sub-consultants, facilitate stakeholder engagement activities, support permitting approval with regulatory agencies, facilitate workshops with clients
- Transition to the construction phase (both alternative delivery and design-bid-build): Contractor pre-qualification and bid evaluation, technical review of submittals and RFIs, construction phase engineering support, progress tracking and communications
- Develop and manage detailed project delivery assumption, scope of work, level of effort, and associated man-hour estimates
- Manage and delegate scope, budget, and schedule for a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of various Water Business Line projects
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects
- Reporting will include project design status, upcoming milestones, project accounting and billing, percent completes, progress reports, etc.
- 10 or more years of similar technical experience with no less than three years experience in project/team leadership - Display technical competency of water or wastewater engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) or the ability to obtain within a year
- Previous experience in responsible charge of planning, design, and implementation of water facilities or infrastructure projects
- Strong understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e., process, surveying, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and control) required for the planning, design, and implementation of water facilities or infrastructure projects
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree