Water Project Manager
|Huntsville, Alabama - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Named top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. They are proud of its company’s rich history & award-winning culture.
Seeking a Project Manager to join our established Water Team working on water and wastewater specific projects in Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee. The Project Manager will lead a team consisting of multi-discipline design engineers and CAD technicians focused on the production of design phase deliverables including reports, design manuals, plans, details, and specifications. The Project Manager must be capable of working closely with clients to ensure their expectations of service are exceeded.
- Water conveyance and distribution, including pump stations and storage facilities
- Wastewater conveyance and collection, including lift stations and force mains
- Pipeline inspection and rehabilitation
- Water and Wastewater master planning
- Water and Wastewater treatment facilities
- Be technically competent with water or wastewater engineering and civil engineering
- Manage scope, budget, and schedule for a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of various Water Business Line projects
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Manage project budgets including the development of detailed project instructions, scope of work, and level of effort.
- Be responsible for time management and work product quality
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects
- Conduct written and oral project reporting for clients and Team Leader. Reporting will include project design status, upcoming milestones, project accounting, percent completes, progress reports, etc.
- Prepare and execute Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans
- Lead internal and external project workshops
- Construction management, excluding construction observation, for local projects
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering
- Four or more years of similar technical experience
- Must be a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience involved with designs, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater projects
- Strong knowledge base of engineering principals related to water and wastewater infrastructure and/or facility projects
- Excellent communication skills and be passionate about client service and the water industry
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Outlook
- Some travel may be required when deemed necessary
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree