|Title:||Weld Department Coordinator|
|Job Location:||Gadsden, Alabama - United States|
|Salary:||$45,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||Bonus + OT|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Tier One Automotive Supplier
World-class benefits including onsite medical clinic offering free services to employees and dependents and free generic prescriptions.
Salary plus OT and bonus
Job Title: Coordinator
Department: Weld Payroll Status: Salary Non-Exempt
Reports to: Weld Manager-Sr Manager
Support and maintain daily activities and projects for the Welding department including driving company goals on the floor.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Ensure all Associates follow Safe Work Procedures
· Ensure Quality Standards are met
· Coordinate daily manpower changes that are deemed necessary
· Assure daily weld productions are met
· Make timely decisions to reduce weld line downtime
· Ensure daily shipping schedule is met
· Coordinate 5S procedures
· Comply with all policies and procedures as per the handbook
· Relay information to Team Leaders and Production Associates
· Maintain current forklift license
· All other tasks as assigned by management
· Ability to work overtime and/or weekends
· Ability to rotate jobs or shifts
· Maintain attendance per policy
· Ability to work in a team environment
Supplemental Job Responsibilities:
· Assist with the development of the Weld Business Plan
· Meet TPM requirements
· Develop Project Plans
· Involvement in the Safety Committee
· Assist in the development of Operation Standards and Visual Aids
· Overtime and expense reduction
· Assist in developing plans to reduce Weld Dept. failure rate
· Attendance and job performance counseling
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do the essential functions of the Weld Coordinator position.
High School Diploma or general equivalent diploma (GED)
At least three (3) years, in the Weld Department, Stamping Department or Production Department in a Team Leader, Group Leader or similar Leadership Role.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. An essential function of this position is the ability to communicate effectively with other associates, departments, and the customer.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by a Welding Coordinator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Coordinator is required to sit, stand, walk, and use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk or hear. The Coordinator is required to be on the production floor approximately 75% of the work day; including frequent walking of the production floor.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
A Coordinator is required to work in a typical production environment where the temperature is controlled throughout the year, but may occasionally be warm or cool to individual preferences. Coordinators are required to work an 8-hour day (not including overtime or other factors affecting the production schedule). Coordinators are required to wear personal protective equipment, which includes uniform and safety shoes (when in the production area - bump cap, safety glasses, earplugs, sleeves and gloves).