|Title:||Weld Department Manager|
|Job Location:||Gadsden, Alabama - United States|
|Salary:||$70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||Car Allowance, Bonus, OT|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Salary plus OT on weekends, bonus and company car allowance of $600/month.
World-class benefits including onsite health clinic providing free health care and generic prescriptions for employees and dependents
Tier One Automotive Supplier
Job Title: Manager
Department: Weld Production
Reports to: Sr. Manager Production Payroll Status: Salaried Non-Exempt
Manage and administer functions associated with all aspects of Welding Production in an automotive stamping facility.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Ensure all associates follow safe work procedures
· Coordinate general manpower moves and changes
· Ensure all Associate training procedures are followed and completed
· Manage daily production operations for Weld
· Ensure daily production schedules are met
· Ensure consistent training of new hires and temporary associates and track cross-training of all associates
· Develop and maintain Weld budget and business plan
· Create and maintain a positive work environment
· Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area
· Coordinate and maintain 5S procedures
· Comply with all policies and procedures as per the handbook
· Ensure compliance to company programs including C-TPAT, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, SQCD, J-Sox and TPM
· Work flexible hours, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
· Rotate jobs or shifts as needed
· Maintain attendance per policy
· Work in a team environment
Additional Job Responsibilities
· Maintain TPM requirements for the Weld department
· Develop SIPs and Project Plans
· Participate in monthly Safety Committee
· Assist in the development of Operation Standards and Visual Aids
· Carry out attendance and job performance counseling
· Update and monitor monthly business plan reviews and reports
· Complete yearly evaluations for Coordinators
· Ensure Weld improvement projects are monitored and met
· Support new model activity
· Notify Senior Manager after 2 hours of down time
· Ensure 5Ps are completed by Assistant Manager/Coordinators when needed
· Complete cross-training assignments as needed
· Complete TPM assignments/requirements in a timely manner
· Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of the Sr. Manager – Production and other members of management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do the essential functions of the Weld Manager position. Must be a driver of company goals on the floor and have the ability to create a sense of ugency amongst production associates.
High School Diploma or general equivalent diploma (GED). Degree is a bonus.
At least three (3) years leadership experience in a welding department, stamping department or fast-paced production environment. Automotive is preferrable but not required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to sit, stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to go out onto the production floor. The associate may frequently lift and move about 4 to 8 pounds, and occasionally lift and carry items weighing 20 pounds for a short distance. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Associates are required to work in a typical office environment where the temperature is controlled throughout the year, but may occasionally be warm or cool to individual preferences. Associates are required to work an 8-hour day (not including overtime or other factors affecting the production schedule). Associates are required to wear personal protective equipment, which includes, uniform and safety shoes (when going into the production area - bump cap, safety glasses, earplugs, sleeves and gloves).