Welder/ Fitter - Day Shift
|Burlington, Ontario - Canada
$25.00 - $32.00 - Canadian Dollars - Hourly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
For a Large machine Building Company based in Burlington
Lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components using knowledge of various welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
- Fit structures according to drawings release by production.
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings from engineering and determine the best way to fabricate/weld components.
- Ability to read weld symbols on blueprints and drawings and weld within the specs of.
- Trouble shoot problems in welding department as they arise. If needed involve other parties.
- Cut parts as needed if not already cut.
- Use of grinders, drills, iron workers and other metal manufacturing equipment.
- Rig, hoist and erect material and components in a safe manor with cranes and forklifts.
- Manage the jobs given to you in the weld department.
- Assist in other depts as needed.
- Assemble parts and components when required.
- Back gouge and create
- Complete joint penetration welds.
- Torch and plasma cut parts as needed for welding.
- Ensure 6S compliance (good housekeeping practices etc.)
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Keep and record on time sheets accurate record of time spent on jobs.
- CWB certified.
- 5+ years as fitter.
- 5+ years as welder.
- GMAW/MIG, FCAW,GTAW/TIG Experience.
- Forklift license.
- Valid driver’s license.