Yardi Systems Analyst (Remote within USA) – National Commercial Real Estate Investment (w/REIT)
|Des Moines, Iowa - United States
$65,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Annual bonus and generous benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A privately-held (10-year-old) national commercial real estate investment firm ($3.3 Billion AUM) with offices in Iowa and California (and remote contributors throughout the US) is looking to hire a Yardi Systems Analysts. This is intended to be a remote employee, based anywhere in the country. You may office with current staff in Des Moines or Pasadena if that is your preference.
This company is experiencing high growth and demand for its service is outstripping capacity. They are working hard to meet that demand and are adding employees and properties to do just that. This is an exceptional opportunity to catch with a proven financial services player that has not been impacted by the pandemic in any way.
The focus of this role will be maintaining the database of transactional information within Yardi, training employees on the software, troubleshooting issues internally before submitting tickets to Yardi software support, and adding functionality and reporting to the software to gain efficiencies. These tasks are more IT-focused vs. accounting-focused, although the right candidate needs some background in accounting to understand the role.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k and pension plan participation upon meeting requisite time with the firm
- Three weeks paid time off in the first year, increasing with years of service
This position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and is responsible for all aspects of the administration of our Yardi database for accounting, asset management, and investor relations needs. The position will also collaborate with other IT teams to create synergies between the Yardi platform and other software that we utilize, such as SalesForce. The Yardi Systems Analyst will also train team members on the usage of Yardi and serve as the escalation point for our support at Yardi.
- Primary administrator for the Yardi system, inclusive of implementing, maintaining, and updating the database
- Facilitate the onboarding of new properties and new investors into the database
- Works closely primarily with accounting, but also with asset management and investor relations to create, modify and maintain company-wide workflows, best practices, custom reporting, and all other related procedures within Yardi
- Work closely with team leads to understand reporting requirements and assist in developing custom reporting
- Assist with system upgrades, implementations, integrations, releases, and maintenance
- Act as an escalation point for communicating to Yardi’s support team to ensure user questions are addressed or tickets submitted to Yardi
- Provides timely responses in a professional fashion that resolves core issues as efficiently as possible
- Manage user and group security access of all Yardi modules
- Coordinate accounting’s testing of Yardi software updates
- Evaluate business needs, analyze processes, and recommend value-added solutions
- Lead cross-functional teams implementing new accounting financial systems
- Train team members as necessary to promote efficiencies in how we use Yardi
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, computer science, information technology, or related field
- 1+ years of General Ledger accounting experience
- 2-4 years of Commercial Yardi System experience
- 2+ years of Yardi administration experience
- Experience with Investment Management, Advanced Budgeting and Forecasting, and Deal Manager modules a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Yardi Elevate suite of products
- Experience with SQL querying and custom reporting within Yardi
- Intermediate excel skills required
- Proficient in comprehending financial statements, financial terms, concepts, accounting principles, and internal controls
- Strong project leadership experience desired
- Strong quantitative, analytical, conceptual, and critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented and accuracy-focused
- Independently troubleshoot issues and recommend solutions
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree