|Syracuse, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Syracuse is a low-cost of living area, and is beautiful.
Company is very stable (80 years old) yet still growing at a 15% clip year over year.
Considered a great place to work.
Our client is currently seeking a full-time Software Engineer in their Syracuse office to research, designs, and develop computer software systems.
This position will be based at our Syracuse, NY office with the opportunity to work from home few days a week.
- Design, write, debug, test, and document software applications and configurations relating to customer project solutions and/or product solutions.
- Design and implement effective web services used to securely and efficiently communicate between software systems.
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Modify, debug, and test existing programs written by various authors in varying styles in an efficient manner.
- Work and communicate effectively with project managers and team members.
- Provide user friendly training, support and follow-up as necessary.
- Follow the software development process methodology.
- Remain current on emerging technologies.
- Contribute to other projects and plans, not specifically noted above, to achieve the goals of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field highly preferred.
- Two years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Required knowledge of C#, .NET, and Web Service Development – with demonstrated project experience utilizing these technologies.
- Knowledge of database systems (preferably Microsoft SQL Server and CosmosDB) and\or data mining a plus.
- Desired skills include XAML, Azure Cloud Services, WPF, MVVM, ASP .NET, and/or HTML 5.