cGMP Automation Engineer
|Winnipeg (Broadway / The Forks / Portage and Main) Manitoba Provincial Government, Manitoba - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Company - part of international organization
Manufacturing essential healthcare, vaccine, biologics products
Great working environment and excellent benefits
Are you an Automation Engineer with a background in a highly regulated industry?
Do you hope to make a difference and ensure that capital projects involving automation deliverable timelines are met successfully?
Our Western Canada client excels at producing very specialized healthcare and biological products, that meet the demanding needs of the marketplace. Your role is critical and would encompass the design and implementation of automated manufacturing processes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As Automation Engineer on a variety of projects you would be responsible for costing, scheduling and performance decisions.
- Designing control system architecture including the design of hardware and software system components.
- Work with users to identify needs and explain trad-offs associated with risk, quality and cost.
- Create cost base and capital expenditures (CapEx) and use forecasting tools.
- Follow engineering standards, and insure that best practices are being adhered to.
- Keep abreast of cGMP procedures, FDA guidelines and corporate policies and procedures.
- Accountable for continuous quality improvements.
- University or College Diploma (Technologist) plus minimum 10 years in biopharmaceutical or other highly regulated environments.
- Strong knowledge and experience with DeltaV and PLC systems.
- Equipment understanding of utilities like water purification, HVAC, and compressed air.
- Skilled at analyzing alternatives as well as researching design and engineering challenges.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Excellent English communication, interpersonal, problem solving, consulting, and MS Office Suite skills.
- Team player, good at time management, setting priorities, and gaining consensus.