mechanical Designer( optical)
|Halifax, Nova Scotia - Canada
contact recruiter for details
Canada or England
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Mechanical Designer (optical)
Our client, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is a specialized and progressive company that offers technologically advanced solutions for military use. They are now looking to complement their team with a resourceful and astute Mechanical Designer to join their product development team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, the Mechanical Designer will be principally responsible for the concept, development and execution of product designs including design of custom components, assembly of the components, bill of material selection, manufacturing process development and assembly and process development.
- Conceptualize, create and execute all aspects of the design process of products to support the future sales and marketing plan
- Design products using Inventor CAD software
- Create customer and supplier drawings from Inventor CAD models
- Develop the products that can meet internal production process capabilities, and/or develop the production capability along with the Vice President, Engineering
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent and 5 years’ experience designing products with classical optics industry
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies that can be used to fabricate the components for product design i.e. metal casting and machining, plastic injection moulding, etc.
- Extensive experience using Inventor or Solidworks
- Experience with, and/or the ability to fully understand the assembly process of the product designs, and the ability to problem solve issues in assembly and fabrication is a must
- Competent with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards
- Experience with prototyping and Quality Control (QC) Inspection
- Experience in an ISO9001 environment a definite asset
- Must be detailed, organized and proficient with current business workplace technology
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree