Sr. Project Portfolio Manager
|Miami Lakes, Florida - United States
$150,000.00 - $165,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Sr. Project Portfolio Manager
Miami Lakes, FL
SUMMARY: The position includes ownership for identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating project and program resources engaged with all initiatives within the selected project portfolio. The portfolio manager is a primary resource to the Technical Steering Committee, project/program-related steering committees, and the senior leadership assigned to oversee the portfolio. The position is also responsible for senior executive engagement and reporting on the state and performance of initiatives within the selected project portfolio.
This role assumes the overarching responsibility for supporting organizational and IT leadership in their efforts at overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire life cycle of IT investments and initiatives to optimally achieve enterprise goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and coordinate the efforts of senior leadership toward the establishment of the project portfolio definition, its structure and processes, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs to portfolio categories and criteria, through evaluation, selection and prioritization; to execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results.
- Engage with and conduct quarterly (or at other intervals as specified) reviews with senior business, IT, executives, stakeholder committees, the IT steering committee and other relevant bodies to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs as required.
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Manage the capital planning process for respective business line(s).
- Drive vendor evaluation and selection for new solutions.
- Support and advice executives on actions required to balance the portfolio of existing assets and services.
- Lead reviews of any significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provide recommendations as to whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued.
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around the IT project portfolios, their contents and the individual performance of initiatives to stakeholders, the IT steering committee, and senior executives.
- On behalf of the portfolio review team and steering committees, ensure the adherence to the appropriate governance functions relating to the portfolio and in accordance with enterprise guidelines, policies and practices.
- Perform regular health checks of project QA checklists.
- Direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts.
- Work with project teams to manage/oversee the full range of the project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, close) for projects covering a portfolio of projects which focus on the business needs of a specific business line(s) or strategy.
- Identify staffing needs. As mandated and resourced by leadership, ensure and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across project and program teams within the project portfolio.
- Develop and maintain appropriate banking industry knowledge of common financial services concepts, practices and procedures.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executive Steering Committee-level presentations
- Portfolio Management milestone plans and resource allocation
- Accept responsibility for deliverables and timeline commitments.
- Directly supervise the team members.
- Perform or contribute to performance reviews for project/program managers.
- Define, develop and execute personnel training road-maps.
- Mentor junior level staff.
- Interact with all levels of personnel to determine infrastructure technology requirements.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of organizational project management processes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Fifteen or more years of experience in IT and/or the financial services banking industry.
- Seven to 10 years of diverse roles and increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programs.
- Experience leading projects for banking operations, loan servicing, and enterprise risk. departments at a financial institution preferred.
- Experience managing Agile software development projects and groups.
- Experience with Digital Transformation and customer experience improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in managing "upward" among senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.
- Substantial consulting leadership experience a plus.
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent required
Scrum Master Certification required
Program Management Professional (PGMP) Certification preferred
PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) Certification preferred
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred