|Title:||Ag Accounting Manager (CT-8624)|
|Job Location:||, Manitoba - Canada|
|Salary:||$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Ag Accounting Manager - Canada
70,000 CAD - 80,000 CAD
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is Assisting an established Ag Employer with their search for an Ag Accounting Manager. The Ag Account Manager reports to the Financial Controller and the CFO-Corporate. The Ag Account Manager is responsible for developing and deploying effective accounting strategies across the country that ensures Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) compliance, Statutory External Reporting, Local & Group Audit, CGC reporting, Periodic tax filing and reporting.
- Assist with the annual Fiscal Year (FY) audit, collaborating with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports in compliance with GAAP and IFRS, as needed and within required deadlines.
- Prepare and file annual FY corporate taxes.
- Assist in completing annual applications for applicable provincial and federal Investment Tax Credits (ITCs)
- Oversee payroll postings and related statutory filings like Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Employment Insurance (EI), Income Taxes, and Workers Compensation premiums, in consultancy with the Human Resources Manager.
- Oversee GST / PST and all other statutory filings and complete monthly and annual related reporting (external and internal) in an accurate and timely manner. Set-up, track, and maintain the statutory compliance calendar.
- Complete and submit StatsCan survey reports and other regulatory queries.
- Complete and submit monthly check-off (levy) reports to all applicable provinces within required deadlines.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, and annual Canadian Grain Commission (CGC) required reports.
- Prepare and submit required Export Development Canada (EDC) reports within required deadlines.
- Complete General Ledger (GL) reconciliations.
- Actively communicate with finance back office and finance team in head office and ensure smooth transition on fixed asset schedule, depreciation schedule, and bank loan schedules to the team.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Receivable and ensure that all revenues/sales are billed in time and captured in the system along with payables.
- Coordinate with finance team in transitioning responsibilities back to other finance roles, as determined and directed by FC.
- Assist in training staff and/or developing training materials for responsibilities listed above.
- Train, supervise and mentor the team reporting to the role conducting probationary and performance reviews.
- Housekeeping and system upkeep of existing accounting software, making sure it is in line with business and management requirements.
- Ensuring 100% compliance of all transfer pricing requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Bachelor degree or higher in Finance and Accounting, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a finance/accounting team
- Minimum 5 years of Canadian corporate tax reporting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including extensive experience using Excel
- Experience using accounting software; prior experience using Sage an asset
- Prior experience using Salesforce customer relationship management software an asset
- The ability to delegate and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to foster effective interpersonal relationships within a geographically and culturally diverse work setting
- Ability to use initiative to identify problems and deliver solutions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential materials
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree